Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

REALFLIGHT MULTI IS A JOKE!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

REALFLIGHT MULTI IS A JOKE!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 11:56 AM
Mudsurfer1234

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REALFLIGHT MULTI IS A JOKE!!!!!!

IT DON"T WORK!!!!!!!

ARGH!!!!!

I click on a game, click use selection, then Start Search and I LET IT SIT FOR ABOUT 10 MINUTES AND NOTHING!!!!!!

The host has his firewall down and we tried EVERYTHING!!!!!

WAHT THE HECKIS WRONG!!!!!!
Old 01-26-2004, 01:27 PM
depfife
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: REALFLIGHT MULTI IS A JOKE!!!!!!

Not sure what the problem is. The firewall is the usual suspect, but if you have it disabled??? Sometimes I have not been able to find the session I selected. Not sure how often the list of active sessions is refreshed, but the game you were trying to join may have ended even though it was still on the list. Try getting someone to host a session and give you their IP address. See if you can join that way. If you will post here or send me a PM I will host a game so you can try. I should be available after 6pm Central time.

Eric
Old 01-27-2004, 05:04 PM
Jinkers
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: REALFLIGHT MULTI IS A JOKE!!!!!!

If one of you is using a home network then there are a whole host of problems that can keep you from connecting.

I have never tried to use the Multiplay option of G2 but in order to run other flight simulators in multiplay mode (MS CFS, MS FS, UBI IL2) I have had to set my router to send all "unidentifiable" packets to the PC that I wish to play on. These are packets that do not include all of the packett identification that is used for normal internet and networking activity. These types of packets are normal for interactive games.

I have also had to turn off the routers built in firewall, the local firewall can easily be set to allow connection of the G2 software or disabled as you have done. If you are on a home network and do not have local firewalls, I would suggest that you install them before forwarding unidentifiable packets or turning off the router firewall.

It is also possible that you may have to open a port or range of ports on your firewall and router if G2 is not using a port in the normal range that is allowed by your router and firewall. I would expect that if this is necessary, the port number required would be given in the G2 documentation or help files.

I am not a network expert or IS guru, just have had to do this with my home network router in order to host and join online games. If neither of you is using a home network then I don't have a clue what to tell you.

Hope this helps.

-Jinks