Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

2 questions about afp

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

2 questions about afp

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 06:27 AM
wheels

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 questions about afp

question 1- how realistic is this thing, REALLY? I've read that in some cases it's pretty close but damn, the 3D is just so easy, I'd love to hear from someone who has a hype 3D or one of the other planes and afp and can make a real comparison.

question 2- is it possible to make the planes from aerofly 1.x work on aerofly pro, I'm building a laser 3d and I've found it for 1.x and I'd like to be able to fly it on the pc and make a comparison myself.

Thanks for any and all information guys
Old 01-28-2004, 07:06 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: 2 questions about afp

Well there is a video that you can watch. AeroFly Pro is the only true 3D sim on the market.

This video was shot with a camcorder that is why you see the interlacing effect. But it will give you a real good idea what I mean. All the TOC guys use AeroFly, and I am not saying because I sell it, check some of their websites.

Click here to see vids > http://www.ohiomodelplanes.com/aeroflypro/

One of them is in 256 color so it's not that good. The other one is AWESOME.

See for yourself.
Old 01-28-2004, 08:16 AM
stomper
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: wheels

question 1- how realistic is this thing, REALLY? I've read that in some cases it's pretty close but damn, the 3D is just so easy, I'd love to hear from someone who has a hype 3D or one of the other planes and afp and can make a real comparison.

question 2- is it possible to make the planes from aerofly 1.x work on aerofly pro, I'm building a laser 3d and I've found it for 1.x and I'd like to be able to fly it on the pc and make a comparison myself.

Thanks for any and all information guys

Hey wheels
I have the Hype and can say the one on AFP flys just like the real thing. You will need to play with the CG some, but it's slow flight is like the real thing!
This is an awesome sim.
Old 01-28-2004, 08:21 AM
CHM
My Feedback: (28)

Go to http://www.aerosynth.de/

Download the Aerofly skin.

It's a Laser 3D clone and it flys just like my Laser 3D did (Just sold it).

I had G2 for years. I sold it and just bought Aerofly Pro. NO REGRETS!!!!

Hey Stomper! Could you please tell me the setting you changed in AFP for the Hype CG? My Hype is scheduled for delivery on Friday!!! Thanks!

Chuck
Old 01-28-2004, 11:03 AM
stomper
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: CHM

Go to http://www.aerosynth.de/

Download the Aerofly skin.

It's a Laser 3D clone and it flys just like my Laser 3D did (Just sold it).

I had G2 for years. I sold it and just bought Aerofly Pro. NO REGRETS!!!!

Hey Stomper! Could you please tell me the setting you changed in AFP for the Hype CG? My Hype is scheduled for delivery on Friday!!! Thanks!

Chuck
Hey Chuck
Open AFP, bring up the Hype, click Edit Aircraft, now rename the plane in some way ( modify Hype3D ) so you keep one version unchanged and you will always be able to go back to that model for defalt settings. now click on the fuselage, on the bottom right you will see five boxs, click on the second box ( center of gravity ), now you can grab the two lines in the center of the fuse. and pull them back and forth or side to side and the value will be shown in a box on the far left bottom side of the window.

playing with all the perameters in this area is a must like prop wash, propeller diameter, pitch, weight, engine power and torque and thrust angles.

My Hype is scheduled for delivery on Friday!!! Thanks!
Good luck and get ready for some serious fun!

HTH
Old 01-28-2004, 01:06 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

AFP is so realistic that it makes me not miss the real thing as much during the winter months. The 3D stuff is right on. Like I said, if a sim will do 3D well, it will do any other type of flying even better.

Joe
Old 01-28-2004, 03:45 PM
CHM
My Feedback: (28)

Oh, duh! I was tweaking the .TMD file [X(] I don't recommend that if you haven't made a copy of the original! [&o]

Thanks stomper!

Chuck
Old 01-29-2004, 12:22 AM
Richard L.
My Feedback: (24)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Even warbirds in AFP fly and land pretty realistically, although they don't seem to torque to the left on take off.
Old 01-29-2004, 07:27 AM
edgreenlee
My Feedback: (314)

i have had my afp for about 1 week.....its unbelievable how much my flying skills have improved!.....couldnt hover at all a week ago....now im snapping into a hover on take off......cant wait to try to transfer these newly learned skills to my r/c plane! maybe this weekend