Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Give me some tips on GILES 202 on AFP>

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Give me some tips on GILES 202 on AFP>

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 09:27 PM
jongurley
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Give me some tips on GILES 202 on AFP>

Hey guys I bought AFP last week and did not get the expansion pack, I have been flying the Giles abunch and was wondering what is the easiest way to set it up to torque roll good, This is the first time I have tried 3D and I realize it is know cake walk but me as a very experienced aerobatic pilot, I have a bunch of trouble holding it in a hover, if someone could give me their set up, like prop, pitch, cg, tail weight ,, I would greatly appreciatte it, P.S. some setup for 3D on the Cap would be great to... thx
Old 02-02-2004, 09:45 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Give me some tips on GILES 202 on AFP>

Out of the box you don't have to touch the Cap or the Giles.

Basically practice makes perfect. Throttle control is as important as the contol itself. There is no way to teach someone to hover other then say ... point up and learn how to move the sticks to keep it straight .... but throttle control is a must.

Don't think about moving the sticks ... in fact put your control under your desk so you are not tempted to look at it.

The good part about the sim is all you have to do is his the spacebar to try again.
Old 02-03-2004, 09:08 AM
jongurley

what do you mean by not moving the sticks.....
Old 02-03-2004, 10:51 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

I mean don't think about how to move the sticks. Just move them.
Old 02-03-2004, 01:19 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree, it's not the setup but just practice. I had to really spend the stick time to get the torque rolls to go forever. Now any plane I fly, I can hover and torque roll (if it's a 3D plane). I can't imagine trying to learn it with real planes. I would have gone though barrels of gas (not to mention a fleet of planes).

The Flip 3D is a little squirrely but it will torque roll with proper stick inputs.

Joe
Old 02-03-2004, 01:57 PM
serge1
My Feedback: (1)

"I can't imagine trying to learn it with real planes. I would have gone though barrels of gas (not to mention a fleet of planes)."

LOL. You're so right. That's a good reason enough to get the sim.

Serge
Old 02-03-2004, 02:12 PM
jongurley

So I know this question has been beat in the dirt, but I am building a CA 27% Extra with a DA-50R and how close is the Giles on AFP to a real plane like the CA< I realize that it can never be the same, but as far as difficulty on torque rolling and etc.
Old 04-21-2004, 08:31 AM
scottfl78

Old thread but if you happen to still be working on hovering the most important thing is an AFT CG... easy to setup in AFP... I just recieved mine 2 days ago... I can hover and harrier pretty good and the more aft I move the CG the easier it is... It is the same with your actual model... I have done this at the field by adding weight and experimenting... You just have to be ahead of the aircraft when controlling it... if you get behind you will be in a harrier and have to goose it to pull out... It takes a lot of practice and to tell you the truth I prefer IMAC style flying better... Chicks dig hovering though
Old 05-02-2004, 05:59 PM
steener

move the cg back and it will be much easier. its helped me alot seeing that this is what you do at the field. just be careful, too much aft cg will make it very pitch sensitive. this will help you to get started hovering. that and STLpilots suggestions.