Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Warplanes for AFP

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 02:35 PM
hgiles
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warplanes for AFP

I would like to downloaf some more war planes for AFP, but don't know where to get them. I have the standard stuff, Spitfire, P51, etc. and I have the candyman where the wings come off if you fly too fast. The stuff from the obvious places, I have. I would like a Corsair or Hellcat or something cool. Any ideas where I can download something like this?
Old 03-18-2004, 03:15 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Warplanes for AFP

There are a bunch at rcsim.de.
Old 03-19-2004, 03:45 PM
Richard L.
My Feedback: (24)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

There are only a few warbirds on that site, and none of which are Corsair or Hellcat.
Old 03-19-2004, 04:04 PM
AIRPLANENUTS
My Feedback: (2)

Love to see more warbirds, BIG ones. I want to build one, and I would love to fly some first. I'm amazed more kit and arf manufacturers and distributors aren't having their planes made for AFP, like STLPilot has. I want one of his edge's and Yaks now that I've flown them. Makes $$$$$$$ sense.
Old 03-20-2004, 01:18 AM
Richard L.

I just discovered a cool bug in AFP while flying the Stuka. I managed to hit the ground hard on one of the mains, which broke that landing gear. Before the sim could reset the plane, I powered up again and took off. So I was flying around with only one main wheel and its wheel pant while the broken landing gear bounced and came to rest at the edge of the runway. Afterward, I was able to land and take off on just one main wheel. My plane didn't get reset even though my wingtip was scraping the runway due to the missing landing gear.
Old 03-20-2004, 10:03 AM
Richard L.

I managed to break just one landing gear again. This time I did a recording of me flying and landing on one landing gear. Here is a 3.1MB AFP recording: [link=http://www.whitetyphoon.com/rc/stuka_recording.zip]stuka_recording.zip[/link]

It was tricky flying with one landing gear due to the extra drag exerted on one side of the plane.
Old 03-20-2004, 11:41 AM
Geoff_H
My Feedback: (2)

Richard, that is not really a bug that you can fly with parts broke off the plane. The joints that hold parts onto the aircraft in AFP can be essential but dont have to be. Essential joints when broke will cause AFP to re-set the aircraft. Non essential joints when broke will not reset the sim.

In the aircraft folder there should be a .tmd file that can be opened in word or notepad. This has all the joint details. To make joints essential or not just find the specific joint you are looking for,
it will be called somthing like

cd JointFuselageStabilizer/

a few lines down you will see the line

Essential =

If this is set to
Essential = 1 then parts are essential, if set to Essential = 0 then the parts are free to break off and not effect the sim.

GeoffH
Old 03-20-2004, 08:52 PM
Richard L.

Great! Thanks. I kinda like flying with parts broken off the plane. It's pretty cool.
Old 06-03-2004, 12:17 PM
hgiles

...still looking for some nice warbirds for AFP. military helis, scale helis...anyone...anyone...Bueller?
Old 06-03-2004, 02:50 PM
STLPilot

There is a new Corsair at rcsim.de. It's real nice.
Old 06-04-2004, 11:43 AM
hgiles

Cool, I was just out there and a lot seems to have changed since I was last there (rcsim.de). Anyway, I downloaded the corsair and can't wait to try it!
Old 06-05-2004, 12:05 AM
3D-kid330
My Feedback: (1)

I thought that the only thing that could break off in AFP were wings off planes and blades off the helis.

3D-kid330
Old 06-05-2004, 06:55 AM
Kanain
My Feedback: (1)

3D-kid330,

Not so. Also any part can be modelled to break off. Many have stabs and fin/rudder. Gear can colapse, it's up to the individual who made the airplane or if you have modified files.

I am getting pretty good at file modification after chatting with Rodeo - still waiting for a reply from Dion about the WAV files though.
Old 06-05-2004, 08:35 AM
hgiles

Downloaded the Corsair, but I cannot get it to take off. It just stays on the ground at about 70 mph and will not lift! What is going on?? Every other plane I have downloaded works fine!

Help!
Old 06-05-2004, 08:47 AM
Richard L.

I'm having the same problem with my Corsair. It looks pretty nice, but it refuses to take off at full throttle, even with flaps deployed.
Old 06-05-2004, 09:05 AM
STLPilot

Read the manual for the Corsair very thoroughly. You need to assign special switches and keys to make it work. Once you get it flying it's awesome. It's the first R/C plane that I have EVER flown that you actually have to work it to get it out of a true spin.
Old 06-05-2004, 09:17 AM
Richard L.

The only two special keys that needed to be assigned are the sliding canopy (channel #25) and folding wing (channel #21). No other special keys and switches are mentioned in the readme file. The plane refuses to take off with the wing locked in the flying position.
Old 06-05-2004, 11:04 AM
STLPilot

Send the developer and email, should be in the manual. I am having no problems with it so I don't know how to help.