Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

G2 has 2 second lag on contol inputs....

Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

G2 has 2 second lag on contol inputs....

Old 04-02-2004, 12:54 AM
durangoflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G2 has 2 second lag on contol inputs....

I installed G2 on my new PC with XP Pro. Followed the procedure to setup as per the instructions on the website. I have the interlink cable (PRINTER PORT) version and I am using a JR 8103 DT Tx. I have owned this software since 2001 and have never had an issue until now. Its impossible to fly anything due to the lag time in the controls. Rendering of the graphics is fine...

Any ideas anyone?
Old 04-02-2004, 01:06 AM
FHHuber
Banned

Default RE: G2 has 2 second lag on contol inputs....

sounds like you have stuff running in background using up excessive amounts of processer power.
Old 04-02-2004, 07:12 PM
bingo field

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Go check your settings in contol panel to see if the IRQ for the parallel port is shared. If it is, try moving it to a different IRQ in XP. It is probably not setup to use an IRQ, XP just kind of fakes it. You may be able to change this behaviour through the control panel. You may have to go to bios, and reserve the IRQ from there to make it take. You should make a note of all settings before you change them if you aren't exceedingly familiar with the settings. Normal disclaimer applies" Anything you do as a result of this is of your own doing and you accept responsibility for your own actions. " If you need help with that portion of it, try to find someone locally to help step through it the first time. There shouldn't be a problem, I think it's just the way XP handles the ports that has you messed up. I have the USB version, I would never go back.
Old 04-05-2004, 04:21 PM
hovercrafter

Check your bios settings also. Perhaps your parallel port got set to the wrong mode. Try switching between ECP and EPP. Usually EPP is the faster mode.

Jamie