Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

How do you set up a Realflight controller w/ gameport to USB adapter in Win XP?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

How do you set up a Realflight controller w/ gameport to USB adapter in Win XP?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 12:15 PM
uonlylivetwice
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you set up a Realflight controller w/ gameport to USB adapter in Win XP?

I continue to have problems. I have a new pc with Windows XP. I have the old RF G2 controller with a gameport connection. I have it connected to the pc using a Radio Shack gameport to USB adapter. In the control panel, it recognizes a game controller (it calls it USB ADAPTER) and allows me to calibrate it. But when I try to load the program it gives me a Notice that it is loading joystick drivers, and then an error telling me I need to configure the controller manually in the control panel. But the control panel will not let me select Realflight or Realflight W2k without an error. I tried downloading the patch from realflight.com, but that didn't help. I was not able to get to further product updates as the site didn't recognize my product serial #. Any ideas??

Thanks very much!!
Old 05-04-2004, 11:12 PM
depfife
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: How do you set up a Realflight controller w/ gameport to USB adapter in Win XP?

Contact RealFlight technical support by phone at 217-398-8970. Give them your product serial number and the information you used when it was registered with them and they will set it up so you can download the update.

Eric
Old 05-15-2004, 09:53 AM
Kanain
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: How do you set up a Realflight controller w/ gameport to USB adapter in Win XP?

uonlylivetwice,

I use the same configuration on a system running XP Corporate and the Radio Shack adapter. You will need to finalize your installation using the G2 controller in the gameport configuration. G2's install completes the setup utility after first launching the sim and is looking for the gameport connection. After it has "run once", you can add your USB afdapter and then select it in the controller pull-down menu.

If your system does not have a gameport, RF technical may have a work around if you know someone with the I-Link controller, you can configure that sim with it first.

Hope this helps, or better yet, that RF Technical has already helped you out.
Old 05-16-2004, 08:54 PM
cfossa
My Feedback: (5)

I installed G2 on a notebook w/no gameport ... used the Radio Shack USB adapter. It has been a long time now since I did this, but I do not recall any problems other than having to switch around the settings on the radio shack adapter.

I agree on calling RF tech support.

Good luck ... hope you get it fixed.

Carl