Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

AFP Scenery Creation

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

AFP Scenery Creation

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2004, 09:20 PM
cummings66

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AFP Scenery Creation

I'm trying to create my home field in AFP. I've got the picture in the panarama format with the dimensions of 6144x2048 and have used the BMP Cutter to cut it up.

Now, I need to know how to create the obj and geo files. I coped the MSV ones and edited them to use my filenames and when I run it the plane starts out on the ground, but as you get further away the ground drops away although the scenery doesn't. I assume this is because I need to get some obj files that accurately represent my field.

So, how do I do it, where do I find the tools to do this?
Old 06-23-2004, 06:41 AM
roarkr

Default RE: AFP Scenery Creation

Hi,

I had the same struggle with my Vettre scenery http://home.online.no/~roa-kr3/s2.htm.

I do not know about any obj editors, but make sure that your flying line is about in middle of you 6144x2048 frame.
When I edited my base picture ( the 6133x2048 frame) I had to put my 360 panorama picture ( output from the PixMaker program)
into the frame so that there were a gap from the bottom of that picture to the bottom of the frame. See attaced picture, where you can see the line for the extra ground I had to fill in. I used the MSV obj files.

Good luck!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53753.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	146463  
Old 06-23-2004, 10:27 AM
cummings66

Default RE: AFP Scenery Creation

That's how I did it, but maybe the height I fly at is lower than yours. Today at lunchtime I'll raise my height up and see if that makes a difference. The rest of it looks like how I did mine, stretch the lower half to make the bottom since you'll never see it anyhow.

By the way, your's looks good.