Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Realflight G2- help me make it more real!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Realflight G2- help me make it more real!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 09:43 AM
photoniq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Realflight G2- help me make it more real!

Hi Folks - I am currently on a supersportster 40 in real life. I want to buy an extra 300s next and use that to get the skills needed to fly a warbird. Because of this i want to make the extra and the warbirds on realflight G2 ( i have expansion pack 3 ) more real.

I have been told extras and caps can snap on you if you are not careful but i can not get the ones in the sim to misbehave. I have been told that warbirds tend to drop a wing if you slow down on landing yet i landed my p47 on realfight g2 first time at a snails pace. How do i make them more real?

photoniq
Old 07-08-2004, 09:57 AM
GarySS
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Realflight G2- help me make it more real!

Move your CG (Center of Gravity) back a little at a time and you will be snapping.
Old 07-08-2004, 10:25 AM
photoniq

how do i know when i am snapping - what IS a snap exactly?

what oher changes should i make?
Old 07-08-2004, 05:30 PM
GarySS
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, in Real FLight the nose drops and wants to fall of to one side or the other.

A little game that I like to play is with an aerobatic plane (Extra, CAP, etc.) taxi slowishly and pull back on the elevator just enough to get it off of the ground and then TRY to keep it from snaping with opposite application of Rudder. Sometimes it works other times not and I crash. This game is a balancing act between "airspeed", rudder and elevator. Good Rudder training.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:02 PM
cfossa
My Feedback: (5)

Which Extra are you buying?

I have the GP Extra 300S .40 sized ARF. It's balanced just about as recommended in the manual (maybe a bit nose heavy) and it has no bad tendencies to snap.

FWIW, a snap is when one wing loses lift before the other. The stock cap on G2 will snap. Just slow it down and keep the nose up by applying up-elevator. At some point one wing will drop.

Carl