Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

I must touch Tx arial for my AFP to work !! help

Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

I must touch Tx arial for my AFP to work !! help

Old 07-17-2004, 04:54 AM
Halogen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I must touch Tx arial for my AFP to work !! help

This is rather strange but for my transmitter, Futaba 6 XS to work in aerofly pro, I must touch the arial with one of my hands and keep it there. The interface is recognised by AFP and graphics are fine so sim part is functioning ok. I have flown the planes by holding the arial with my feet !, funny yes but true, but I can not keep on doing this for much longer cause its tiring.

During calibration the red bars do not move, but as i hold the arial they shoot up as if I turned on the radio. It seems that something is not grounded properly. I have a skysport 4 but that doesnt work neither by holding the arial.

I have tried also bending the metal piece in the trainer cord which is suppose to make contact with the metal part of the 5 pin jack, but all in vain.

Please help !!
Old 07-17-2004, 12:35 PM
BouyanT_PooP

Default RE: I must touch Tx arial for my AFP to work !! help

ummmm......your tx has to be on for it to work........duh
Old 07-17-2004, 04:51 PM
Halogen

yes it is on when i use AFP, and even though its on i must touch the arial. Infact today I got a piece of wire, tied it up to the arial and then wrapped it arround my small finger. I can in this way use my TX but do not see why i should do this. I really wish to know what is wrong. My other radia, a Futaba Skysport 4 doesnt work at all even if i touch the arial. I do not want to damage my futaba 6ax in any way.
Old 07-17-2004, 05:14 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Have you installed the AFP update patch?
Old 07-18-2004, 05:04 AM
Halogen

yes I have installed the patch, i think its something to do with hardware and not software. I wish to try it out using a JR to see if it does the same so i can eliminate if its something to do with the Futaba or the interface.

I have been using the sim with the wire attached to my finger and arial and I must say the sim is out of this world, but this grounding thing is strange [:@] and really wish to solve this mysterious problem
Old 07-18-2004, 05:47 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Well your JR should work fine. I have a couple JR radios and they work fine. However I do have a Futaba Skysport and that works fine as well.

Make sure your in PPM mode. Try removing the crystal and antenna.
Old 07-18-2004, 10:47 AM
Halogen

Problem solved ! I knew it was a hardware problem and it had something to do with grounding, so i got my FMS cable which I had made some months ago and used it.

The cable is of a better quality than that provided by Ikarus in that its thicker and the shielding is better. I cut one end of the wire where it joins to the printer socket and connected that to the AFP interface, obviously after i had carefully de-soldered the `ikarus ` wire. I also noticed that the Ikarus 5 pin Futaba connector had 2 of its pins shorted by solder. The one I used was not and left it like that to see how it went, but I did not need to shorten the pins cause IT WORKED !!

Thanks for the help given and hope this thread can be of some use if someone else encounters the same problems