Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

AFP interface cable problem

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

AFP interface cable problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 10:10 AM
Khizer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AFP interface cable problem

hi guys,

The interface cable that came with my AFP doesn`t work either with my JR PCM 9X or MAX 66 II PCM. I am running both on PPM mode what do think can be the problem?
Also my RF controller however works well no issues with that.

The moment I plug in the interface cable into my transmitter JR or Futaba Conquest FM the link with the PC gets broken. the moment the cable is taken off the the cable dongle starts working again.Even for using RF controller I ve to take the interface cable off my transmitter.
Now it doesn`t make logic that 3 different transmitters are not running on this AFP.
I tried holding my transmitter antenna after connecting to a transmitter but then noise starts coming from the speakers but still the PC doesn`t recognize any link.

I must say the cable supplied is of extremely poor quality and it may damage the transmitter.

Any thoughts guys about this problem?

Thanks.
Old 08-12-2004, 11:12 AM
zonker123
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: AFP interface cable problem

it has something to with the DSC jack in the transmitter, I have the same problem getting my 9x or my 6102 to work, but my 8103 and an old F400 tx i have are fine. i don't know a fix
Old 08-12-2004, 11:38 AM
Khizer

Zonker,

I am encountering the same problem with the following radios that I own

JR PCM 9X
JR MAX 66 II PCM
JR MAX 6
Futaba skysport 6A
Futaba Conquest 4 FM

Also the DSC jack in 9X works perfectly well with JR trainer cord with MAX 66 II and vice versa.

I am not gonna buy a new radio for this sim.....
Old 08-12-2004, 12:58 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

I can assure you that these cables are not goint to damage your radio. I don't know what type of high tech cable you were looking for but the supplied cable works just fine and we have had thousands of happy customers. They are just simple cables, designed to do a simple job.

Have you installed the latest update patch?