Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

havin trouble with G2 sim

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

havin trouble with G2 sim

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2002, 06:12 AM
somthin'xtra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default havin trouble with G2 sim

I have a fairly new (750mhz) computer with a top of the line graphics card. I installed G2 on my computer and all looked well untill i tried to run it. It got about halfway done loading and gave me a message that said: "this program has performed an illegal operation" and i have no idea why it would say that. if anybody has experienced this problem or has any advice it would be greatly appreicated.

-thanks
Old 07-26-2002, 09:41 AM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

Default bummer

i had that problem and it turned out to be a sound card conflict with a sound card intergtrated onto the mother board.. i had to change the sound card..... have you tried unistalling and then reinstalling?
Old 07-26-2002, 02:01 PM
tmproff
My Feedback: (5)

Be sure to restart your computer before trying to install G2, and make sure that no programs are running (even in the task bar). PM me if you need more detailed information.
Old 07-26-2002, 05:19 PM
nedyob
My Feedback: (67)

Default HAD SAME PROBLEM WITH G2 INTERLIK

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AFTER DOING AN UP DATE ON G2 CONTROL PANNEL.SINCE THEN I CAN RUN MY G2 INTERLIK BUT CAN GET INTO MY CONTROL PANNEL.WHEN I GO INTO IT THAT WHERE I GET THE FATAL ERROR. TALKED WITH GP PEOPLE AND THERE STUMPED AS TO WHY IT HAPPENS.WELL I GUESS I LIVE WITHOUT THE USE OF THE CONTROL PANNEL BUT NOT THE G2
MY VIDEO & SOUD CARD ARE COMPATIBLE,DID THE UP GRADE THING AND STILL CAN GET TO THE CONTROL PANNEL.
NEDYOB
Old 07-30-2002, 06:27 AM
crazyflyboy

The "THIS PROGRAM HAS PERFORMED AN ILLEGAL OPERATION AND MUST BE SHUT DOWN" message is the most frusturating message to get. I means that there is a major error running the program and it has to be shut down. Its a bad message because it offeres no explanation as to what is wrong and how to fix it. It is definately a software porblem. I would reccomend uninstalling and reinstalling the program. Make sure to follow the on screne instructions and be sure to restate the computer when the installation is complete. Also be sure you excede, or at least meet the system requirements of the program. If you do meet these requirements the software should run and if it dosen't it is the responsibility of the developer to fix it. Call them. If they still can't help return that piece of crap program and get your money back! I would be a little worried about the quality of sofware sold by a company that makes model airplanes! What version of windows are you running? Upgrading windows will also upgrade drivers like the sound driver, this may help. What are your system specs? How many megs of RAM, What processor, what video card and how mant megs of video memory.

Your best fix is to try reinstalling the program.
Good luck!

Email me if you have any questions at [email protected]
if you have any questions, maybe i can help!

-Dave