Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Would 3D-Glasses work with AFP and Reflex XRT?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Would 3D-Glasses work with AFP and Reflex XRT?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 06:15 AM
katipo
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would 3D-Glasses work with AFP and Reflex XRT?

Has anyone tried any of the PC 3-D shutter type glasses on their Flight simulator?
If so did they work ok with flight simulators like Reflex XRT and AFP?
A company called eDimensional does a set-up that looks like it could work.
Anyone know any more?

I have AFP and have just ordered Reflex XRT.
I’m a photographer by trade and I have played with 3D projection and stuff in the past. I hosted our club night last week and we set-up AFP and a high quality projector.
Every one had a ball and it was a great success. If Reflex XRT is anything like they say it is then we are looking at lots more fun.
By the way it is so much easer to see and fly using the projector. You’re not 3 inches from the screen peering at a dot. You are at the other side of the room, you’re in a natural r/c pilots standing position and there’s no eyestrain in sight.
Old 09-15-2004, 09:56 PM
stefanletzow

Default RE: Would 3D-Glasses work with AFP and Reflex XRT?

I use Aerofly Pro and Realflight G2 and recently bought E-Dimensional 3D glasses.

I´m brazilian and my aunt brought the glasses from USA, but I will only get the glasses tomorrow.

I read somewhere that it works, but don´t remember how realistic people said it was.
I´ll post my opinion as soon as I gat my glasses.
Old 09-15-2004, 11:57 PM
KLRico

Yeah! A projector would be the way to fly, wouldn't it!?
Old 09-16-2004, 12:05 AM
katipo

Yes a projector is definitely a great way to go. It really helps when the model is flying further away. It also makes it a real fun club activity and you’re not all crammed around a small screen.
Old 09-16-2004, 09:18 AM
KLRico

This may defy the whole benefit of letting a bunch of other people join in..... but imagine combining 3D glasses a projector! I wonder if projectors have a good enough refresh rate to be used? I know most LCD screens aren't too great with the shutter type 3D glasses.
Old 09-16-2004, 06:08 PM
katipo

There are two ways to do this that I know of.
One it to pay the extra and get top quality projector that has a very fast refresh rate. In fact you need a fast refresh rate just to keep the sim running and looking smooth. The older 3 beam projectors do this very well.
The other is to run two projectors and have synchronized LCD shutter filters over each projector lens. Both options are obviously very expensive.
There is a third option, and that is to find some where that offers the whole large scale 3D emersion environment for architects, scientists, government agencies and the like, and hope he is a keen modeller.
Old 09-17-2004, 09:53 AM
KLRico

Well, I guess we come full circle back to your original question.... Does AFP or Reflex work with 3D display stuff? I dunno...
Old 09-21-2004, 03:22 PM
katipo

Stefan,

Have you tried the glasses out yet? Do they work ok?

I’ve just got RefleX XRT going and so far so good and boy does it look good. It is more of a straight model flight simulator, were as AFP has some fun game or task type options.
RefleX XRT also needs much higher specification hardware to run on so you need to take the extra costs into consideration as well. I’m off to buy a new video card although the one I have is no slouch.