Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

R/C Sim Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 07:15 PM
rcjon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R/C Sim Questions

I just got AFP and have it operating on my my computer with my "good" radio, a Futaba T6XA. I was wondering how others "manage" their radios.

Questions: Isn't all this simming bad for the Tx battery or do just have to manage Sim sessions like flight sessions, i.e. full charge then full discharge, then put the thing back on charge?

What about the antennae? Do you pull it out part way when simming? Do you pull the crystal out of the Tx?

Do you program different sim planes into the Tx like you would real planes?

I'm fairly pleased with AFP, but the on-line help is awful.

Thanks to anyone that will take a minute to share your thoughts on these issues.[8D]
Old 09-24-2004, 07:33 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: R/C Sim Questions

Online help is awful? Is this your first post?

Isn't all this simming bad for the Tx battery or do just have to manage Sim sessions like flight sessions, i.e. full charge then full discharge, then put the thing back on charge?

--- No, it's not bad for the battery. When you plug in your interface cord you are shutting down the TX functions of the radio. That accounts for about 75% of the radios output. So now you are slowly draining your battery and it's actually good for a slow discharge very often. It discharges nice and cool and thats good for the battery.

What about the antennae? Do you pull it out part way when simming? Do you pull the crystal out of the Tx?

--- No, like I said the RF output function shuts down, hence there is no output of the antenna. The xtal output is also bypaseed. Very few radios need to have the xtal removed but only if the radio does not function properly.

Do you program different sim planes into the Tx like you would real planes?

--- Yes you can. However it's a simulator. Don't go crazy with dual rates and expo. Learn to fly without dual rates ... you'll have better thumbs if you do. The other functions like delta wing and stuff is usually programmed into the specific aircraft. If you have a specific plane that you MUST have programmed, then you need to assign it to your radio like you would your real world plane.

I'm fairly pleased with AFP, but the on-line help is awful.

--- Just post right here from now on. RCU is the largest RC based website in the world. If I miss your post ... someone else will grab it.

Thanks to anyone that will take a minute to share your thoughts on these issues.

--- Your welcome!
Old 09-24-2004, 09:17 PM
rcjon

Default RE: R/C Sim Questions

STL,

>>Online help is awful? Is this your first post? <<

Sorry, bad nomenclature. By online I meant the program's built-in help. We used to call that online AOT the manual.

Your help with the other issues is greatly appreciated with more peace of mind that I'm not screwing something up.

Thanks - I off to Sim.