Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Interlink controller with FMS?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Interlink controller with FMS?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 03:22 PM
Bob-I

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interlink controller with FMS?

Does this work and how?

If not where can I get an inexpensive cable to hook up my old Futaba AM Tx?

Thx.

Bob
Old 10-22-2004, 04:33 PM
Bob-I

Default RE: Interlink controller with FMS?

No one?
Old 10-22-2004, 04:40 PM
lionheart

Try here:

http://www.tti-us.com/sim/prod-ser.html
Old 10-22-2004, 09:30 PM
crashnfix
My Feedback: (1)

Check out ebay. This same guy, but better prices. Also other alternatives.

Search "Toys and Hobbies" for "simulator"

John
Old 10-22-2004, 11:49 PM
Ken Morano

My Interlink controller works with FMS when it is ID#1.

I used to use it fine when I had only usb controllers. Then, I would only have the Interlink plugged into my usb hub.

Now that my usb joystick is on the fritz, I have my old joystick plugged into the back of the sound card. The problem with that is now FMS only sees my joystick and will not detect my Interlink controller.
Old 10-23-2004, 11:08 AM
Bob-I

ORIGINAL: Ken Morano

My Interlink controller works with FMS when it is ID#1.

I used to use it fine when I had only usb controllers. Then, I would only have the Interlink plugged into my usb hub.

Now that my usb joystick is on the fritz, I have my old joystick plugged into the back of the sound card. The problem with that is now FMS only sees my joystick and will not detect my Interlink controller.
So when all other USB devices are disconnected then? Hmm.... I'll have to try that. Thx
Old 10-23-2004, 12:29 PM
Ken Morano

Well, for the test, you need only disconnect all usb controllers (not all usb devices). You probably meant that, though
Old 10-23-2004, 12:34 PM
Bob-I

Well, for the test, you need only disconnect all usb controllers (not all usb devices). You probably meant that, though
No Ken, actually I thought you meant USB devices. Unfortunatley I can't disconnect all USB controllers, they're on the motherboard. I also can't seem to determine where to configure the USB device. In FMS 2.0 version 8 I can only see serial and parallel devices.
Old 10-23-2004, 12:55 PM
Ken Morano

Choose "joystick interface"

What do you mean by "I can't disconnect all USB controllers, they're on the motherboard"?

1. Do you mean all your usb controllers are plugged into usb ports on the back of your computer?
In that case you may want to get a hub and velcro it someplace convenient so you can plug and unplug as you wish. Some games get confused when 2 or more controllers are plugged in so the hub approach works for me.

or

2. Do you mean you have a joystick plugged into the back of the computer in the joystick port of the sound card?
In that case, I think you may have a problem. FMS may only want to see the what's plugged into the joystick port.

Now a little variation here. If you fall under category 2 and your joystick is a powered force feedback type using an external power adapter, you MAY want to try unplugging the adapter from the wall. That can sometimes take the controller off line so that the computer won't see it. That's the way it works for my powered usb wheel. I can have the usb port plugged in but if power adapter isn't plugged in, the computer won't see it and older games won't be confused by it.
Old 10-23-2004, 09:03 PM
Bob-I

Choose "joystick interface"

What do you mean by "I can't disconnect all USB controllers, they're on the motherboard"?
I thought you meant the USB hubs. I have 6 USB ports on my motherboard. I guess you mean the devices. I can easily unplug them.

2. Do you mean you have a joystick plugged into the back of the computer in the joystick port of the sound card?
In that case, I think you may have a problem. FMS may only want to see the what's plugged into the joystick port.
No, no joystick. I just selected this and it works great, far better than the old Futaba.

Thx again, you've been a big help today.