Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Aero Fly Deluxe - New Version

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Aero Fly Deluxe - New Version

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 07:34 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aero Fly Deluxe - New Version

Can't beat that for service....when you opening a UK branch?
Actually that's our next move. We get lots of requests from companies in the UK to carry our stuff. However shipping is the biggest problem. If you don't buy volume, I can ship it cheaper piece by piece right to the customer. Partial container shipments is not cheap.

Trying to identify the best one is the hard part. We are teaming up with Ultra-RC.com and will be shipping our stuff together soon.

Do you have any suggestions for a good solid RC distributor in UK? I have a list I could compare it too.

Thanks!
Old 12-03-2004, 08:06 AM
Kamikazi
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: STLPilot
I suggest you do sell your sim on Ebay. That's what most people are doing for G2 too.
This comes from Germany, we have no control on price or procedeure. They were shooting for a lesser price, however it ended up at the price that it is.
Comments withdrawn. As the distributor, I guess you are pretty much at their mercy. I suppose that's what happens when you buy a software package right before a major upgrade comes out. If I had waited, it would have been much cheaper[&o] But, I honestly didn't know AFPD was on the horizon. I heard about AFP just before I bought it.

Sorry for my negative comments. You seem to be bending over backwards to treat people fairly.

I still don't like the idea of having to give back software I just bought (with not even a partial refund) in order to qualify for an upgrade price. Hopefully IPACS/Ikarus will reconsider. I know I'm not the only person who feels this way.
Old 12-03-2004, 09:04 AM
STLPilot

I've lowered the price on the website. If you paid for your new version already send an email to [email protected], that will get to me faster.

If you paid online I need your transaction ID number. If you paid by phone I need the date you purchased. You will get a refund in less then 24 hours.

Thanks!

I understand you're just the distributor. But being the USA distributor, I'd think that Irakus would be interested in the USA market response to their upgrade pricing for previous customers.
IPACS and Ikarus do not monitor this website. However I provide feedback to them and will forward this on. The issue they have is they have no way to track who bought and who did not. You do not have to call in to register your software and you can use it on multiple computers. That is a luxury for a lot of people. The only way they will be able to tell who bought and who did not is the trade up discount they are offering.

We can go round and round with this discussion, but IPACS and IKARUS tried to make a solution to at least give an alternative to people who have purchased, so they have.

But in the computer software business, whether is be a game, CAD, MS Office, hardware etc. there will always be a better version coming. ALWAYS. I can tell you right now that IPACS, RealFlight, XTR are all working on a new version of their new versions. Microsoft is working on a new version of XP and Office and so on. The best way to overcome this is to buy as soon as the product comes out. You must have known when you bought AFP that it was already out for 2 years. 2 years is long time in this business. I'm sorry you have to buy 2 of them now, but this is just the way it works in software.

Believe me, I only want to help everyone, I try my best to pursuede these guys to listen to me. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.
Old 12-03-2004, 09:33 AM
Mudsurfer1234

so does that mean that another verison of AFP is already in the works? sounds cool

Scott
Old 12-03-2004, 01:36 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just bought G3 and installed it last night and doing so has made my even more eager for my copy of AFPD to arrive. G3 has so many bugs that it is apparent it should not have been released, but of course Great Planes wants to get the product out before Christmas. Also, the 3D engine isn't optimized very well. Even on my $3000 PC with a Geforce 6800 Ultra the graphics are choppy at 1600x1200. Half Life 2 and Doom 3 have better, more complex graphics and those two games give me 60FPS at 1600x1200 with 4xAA. In fact I get smooth framerates with MS Flight Sim 2004 at 1600x1200 and we can all agree that FS2004 is superior to G3 in terms of graphics and physics.

I hope my copy of AFPD arrives soon!
Old 12-04-2004, 04:47 PM
Mykol
My Feedback: (1)

Greetings;

I would like to order the version with the USB Game Commander from OMP because of the ease of quick play without having to get my 9C transmitter out of the basement. My question is, is there the ability to plug in my Futaba 9C into the Game Commander like one can in G2? Or would I be out of luck in having the option to use my own transmitter sometimes?

Cheers;

Mike
Toronto, Canada
Old 12-04-2004, 06:21 PM
STLPilot

If you buy AFP Deluxe you need to get the 9C cable. You can see it on this page. You plug your radio right into the computer.
www.aeroflypro.com/purchase
Old 12-04-2004, 08:15 PM
Mykol

If you are referring to the micro adapter for the square plug, this I have. I purchased one for G2 so that I could use the Futaba 9C. This does not have a USB end however. Does the Game Commander have a cable to plug into the female end of the adapter? Or does AF Deluxe come with a USB cable which the micro adapter will plug? (as well as the Game Commander controller)
Does the Game Commander controller have a plug for real transmitters to connect to like Realflight's does?

Thanks

Mike
Old 12-04-2004, 09:24 PM
MikeEast
My Feedback: (3)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

6 more days to ship,, I am about to die.. I dont have a sim and you would know I would finally decide to order one and have to WAIT for it.
I know what they say about wishing your life away but this is KILLING me.. And Im 37, I havent felt this way since I was 12 years old counting down to Christmas day. Going to get my grapics card tomorrow. I want to get it installed and all the bugs worked out before AFPD gets here! Think 8 or 9 days will be enough??[8D]

That is unless they honor my request on my online order comments to ship it next day air and bill me via paypal , which I assumed they could/would not. I was serious however

Mike
Old 12-04-2004, 11:37 PM
serge1

ORIGINAL: BigNed

6 more days to ship,, I am about to die.. I dont have a sim and you would know I would finally decide to order one and have to WAIT for it.
I know what they say about wishing your life away but this is KILLING me.. And Im 37, I havent felt this way since I was 12 years old counting down to Christmas day. Going to get my grapics card tomorrow. I want to get it installed and all the bugs worked out before AFPD gets here! Think 8 or 9 days will be enough??[8D]

That is unless they honor my request on my online order comments to ship it next day air and bill me via paypal , which I assumed they could/would not. I was serious however

Mike

Mike,

I feel your pain. I am in the same boat...I sold my AFP last week to a friend and I am now anxiously waiting for AFP deluxe..

I am gonna die if the shipping goes slow!!!

Serge
[][>:]
Old 12-05-2004, 08:22 AM
swk550
My Feedback: (76)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a JR 10X transmitter. Will the cord that comes with the AFP Pro Delux work?

Thanks,

Steve
Old 12-05-2004, 08:43 AM
STLPilot

ORIGINAL: swk550

I have a JR 10X transmitter. Will the cord that comes with the AFP Pro Delux work?

Thanks,

Steve
Sure will, nothing else to buy. JR has changed the tolerances on the newer type radios like the 9, but the current cord works perfect with your radio.
Old 12-05-2004, 10:04 AM
Ian.W

Hey Dion, i know this is off topic, but where is the OMP ultimate going to be ready? it says 17th novermber on the website but its the 5th of december today[] not meaning to be rude or anything

Thanks
Ian
Old 12-05-2004, 01:56 PM
Mykol

I'm confused. Hopefully someone can clear this up even though the Game Commander version of Deluxe is not out yet. Is the USB cable that attaches to the Game Commander unpluggable at the controller's end? Specifically, can I use that cable to attach the Futaba square plug micro adapter into so I can use my 9C? I would like to have both the Game Commander and the ability to sometimes use my 9C radio. I asked this question to OMP support and received this reply today.

"The Commander will not allow you to use your own radio.

I suggest you get the Interface version to use your own radio with 9C cable."

Which contradicts the info that was posted above earlier.

Bottom line, if I purchase the Game Commander version am I out of luck in attempting to use my 9C through it?

Thanks

Mike
Old 12-05-2004, 05:12 PM
rorywquin

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

Can't beat that for service....when you opening a UK branch?
Actually that's our next move. We get lots of requests from companies in the UK to carry our stuff. However shipping is the biggest problem. If you don't buy volume, I can ship it cheaper piece by piece right to the customer. Partial container shipments is not cheap.

Trying to identify the best one is the hard part. We are teaming up with Ultra-RC.com and will be shipping our stuff together soon.

Do you have any suggestions for a good solid RC distributor in UK? I have a list I could compare it too.

Thanks!

It grieves me to say this but...........I think that the big UK distributors are rip-off artists. If you can find a smaller guy with a good distribution network, you would be doing us and yourself a big favour!!

PM me !!

I've added an edit to say that ...I am not in the business..
Old 12-05-2004, 07:38 PM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

what they don't have in stock??[:@]
I just ordered, looks like I will cancel my order if they tell me they are gonna ****p in 6 days....
A friend of mine already has his, ***??
Old 12-05-2004, 07:53 PM
STLPilot

Bottom line, if I purchase the Game Commander version am I out of luck in attempting to use my 9C through it?
You cannot use your own radio if you purchase the Commander unless you buy a Sim Blaster or FMS PIC cable. You must have either the Interface or the Commander connected to use AeroFly Pro Deluxe. If you have the Interface version then you can use your own radio with the Futaba 9C cable for $11.95.

Hey Dion, i know this is off topic, but where is the OMP ultimate going to be ready?
The Ultimate 10-300 is almost done. Should be next week sometime. We won't release it until it flies just about perfect. However we have had some of the test pilots say it's their favorite plane for AFP, even better then the 79" Yak.

what they don't have in stock??
It's no secret that they are not in stock. You cannot purchase them, from us at least, without knowing that. We will be more then happy to refund any order. The only thing that will do is delay your order as the demand is much higher then the initial supply. As per Ikarus, we will be able to fill any order that you have made so far. Ikarus is getting bi-daily air freighted shipments from Germany real soon. They will be suppling AeroFlyPro.com with most of the orders as we are the largest distributor of AFP in the Americas.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Li20967.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	199768   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni25120.jpg
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	199769   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb74368.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	199770   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tm31191.jpg
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	199771  
Old 12-05-2004, 08:37 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a HP 345 with pentiun 4 and somekind of Nvenda Vidio card in it. 64? Not sure. Will this run aerofly Deluxe very good? I am talking about the version that I would use with my own TX? Thanks Capt,n
Old 12-06-2004, 02:01 AM
Spacey

captinjohn please get the exact specs of the pc. Sounds like it will run but with the information you posted it is impossible to say how well.
Old 12-06-2004, 09:22 AM
3-D Flyer
My Feedback: (150)

Hey Deon, not to go off track but i am refering to one of your last comments. I have my eye on one of those ultimates as well, is the pre-order list long? or will you have a good supply of them when they become available? Is this an arf or a kit only? Thanks, Dave

4 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-06-2004, 09:32 AM
Spacey

Dave the Ultimate will most probably only be available early next year. But by early I think it will be very early. OMP doesn't have a pre order list running yet but I'm sure something is bound ot happen this month still. Maybe who knows! The first run will be kits. ARFs will probably show next year as well.
Old 12-06-2004, 01:06 PM
Ian.W

Dion, thats for the info on the ultimate. will there be 2 versions, one for AFP and one for AFPD?
Old 12-06-2004, 01:31 PM
STLPilot

ORIGINAL: edible_engine

Dion, thats for the info on the ultimate. will there be 2 versions, one for AFP and one for AFPD?
Getting ready for AFP ... it flies PERFECT already in AFP Deluxe.
Old 12-06-2004, 02:16 PM
3-D Flyer
My Feedback: (150)

ORIGINAL: Spacey

Dave the Ultimate will most probably only be available early next year. But by early I think it will be very early. OMP doesn't have a pre order list running yet but I'm sure something is bound ot happen this month still. Maybe who knows! The first run will be kits. ARFs will probably show next year as well.

Sounds cool, I will await the arf as i am curently assemblying a H-9 33% Cap232 and after christmas a 2.6 Composite arf Extra so i will not have time( or $) for a kit. Thanks. Now to get back on track....
I think i'll just fly the ultimate on the SIM untill it releases in ARF form, (hint hint) C'mon Deon 4 more days man!!!!!
Old 12-06-2004, 03:53 PM
STLPilot

I still have not got a tracking number from Ikarus Germany for the inbound shipment. I've been trying to get it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.