Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Aero Fly Deluxe - New Version

I'm sorry too Paul. I'm not in a very happy mood either.

More vids huh ... I know Doc Insane has one more out there ... I need to dload it and compress it though. I don't want to eat up his bandwidth.

At least you guys, the ones with AFP, are enjoying the new OMP Bipe though ... right ??????
    Here At The Wall

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well I guess we will just have to wait it out! Thanks for the update and keep em coming...
    Mike East
    AMA 793948

Back to square one .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well, I guess I'll just have to go fly my REAL airplanes this weekend... lol... [sm=thumbup.gif]

The weather finally broke here... Forecast is 75 degrees and clear all weekend...

It's just a bummer that we got SNAFU'd this time around...

Hopefully next week...

Keep us posted Deon...

Thanks for the updates...
    Life is short, get your own...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Torqued-Up

Well, I guess I'll just have to go fly my REAL airplanes this weekend... lol... [sm=thumbup.gif]

The weather finally broke here... Forecast is 75 degrees and clear all weekend...

It's just a bummer that we got SNAFU'd this time around...

Hopefully next week...

Keep us posted Deon...

Thanks for the updates...

O.K. Tourqued -up I'm coming out by you!! 75 degrees, gggeeezzz!! It's like 40 and rainy out here..... [&o]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Uhmm....I guess I shouldn't complain about my customs too much. By gosh I have never seen snow before in my entire life except on TV. O heck wait a minute. It's virtually summer all year round here! Nice ice cream puffs forming all round. Wind is calming down as we near the middle of summer, trees barely moving mid day whole day. OK ok ok i'll stop! LOL...What's another week? Heck won't kill us! Why don't you guys follow my lead? Just buy another kit from OMP to build whilst we are waiting for the sims?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey everyone.... let's not sweat a few extra days... really - its been quite a while what's a few more days??? DHL is notorious for screwing up stuff though so it does not surprise me one bit.... Its like the post office - all the junk mail and crap you don't want is ALWAYS on time, but when it comes to that check you must have or the title to your car they lose it EVERY time.

Let's cut Dion a little slack here.... I think he's been more than up front about everything (unlike the G3 idiots)
    If we don't see it next week though, we're coming to Ohio to thump some skull!

(Just kidding of course!!)

No one likes delays, but after all this is ENTERTAINMENT, not life support equipment!
    DP

I dunno, I'd call it plane life support equipment!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dion, I orded a AFPD a few days ago, then I started thinking if I need to buy a new graphics card, so I am ready when I get the AFPD. I have a Dell P4 2.4 512 ram with a 64 MB geforce4 MX card. What do you think I havn't seen this card come up on this forum.
    Thanks George
    George

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: aquaskiman

Dion, I orded a AFPD a few days ago, then I started thinking if I need to buy a new graphics card, so I am ready when I get the AFPD. I have a Dell P4 2.4 512 ram with a 64 MB geforce4 MX card. What do you think I havn't seen this card come up on this forum.
    Thanks George
    George:

It's a barely usable card that's why. You will need something better for good performance. Hopefully your DELL has an AGP Slot.

Regards,
    Lee Snover

Hey gang, since there have been so many questions about video cards I stole a couple charts from Tom's Hardware Guide to show you. One shows some lower end cards and how they perform with a relatively slow and fast cpu. The other has more recent cards to compare. Hope this helps a little. Check out tomshardware.com for more geek info.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	He97021.gif 
Views:	3 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	201399   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gb90748.gif 
Views:	4 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	201400  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dells mid-ranges are really cheaply made computers. There is a good reason the only charge $800 for a whole system - they are throwaways. Most of them have a completely integrated motherboard that is not upgradeble and the cases are plastic junk with a few metal parts. Some do not even have an AGP slot, which basically limits one to a crappy "old technology" graphics adaptor.

I have built my own systems for years. Once I "broke the code" on the HP, Compaq, DELL, etc... I found out what I could really buy and build myself and as a result I have been much more satisfied with my purchase. I just recently upgraded computers. My last computer was a 2 GHZ P4 which was (bleeding) edge 3 years ago - it is still a damn fast machine, but it would not run Half Life 2 as fast as I wanted... So I upgraded and took the old one to work - which is still faster than any of the Dell business computers they are buying new!

Gamers push the limit, we need our speed for sure. When I play video games they look the same as they do on an XBOX or PS2 (with much better resolution !!)
    The NVIDIA 6800 GT OC is amazing.... !

Yeah, I get excited over this stuff still.. I guess that makes me a 43 year old (retired) geek.
    DP

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: desertpig

Dells mid-ranges are really cheaply made computers. There is a good reason the only charge $800 for a whole system - they are throwaways. Most of them have a completely integrated motherboard that is not upgradeble and the cases are plastic junk with a few metal parts. Some do not even have an AGP slot, which basically limits one to a crappy "old technology" graphics adaptor.

I have built my own systems for years. Once I "broke the code" on the HP, Compaq, DELL, etc... I found out what I could really buy and build myself and as a result I have been much more satisfied with my purchase. I just recently upgraded computers. My last computer was a 2 GHZ P4 which was (bleeding) edge 3 years ago - it is still a damn fast machine, but it would not run Half Life 2 as fast as I wanted... So I upgraded and took the old one to work - which is still faster than any of the Dell business computers they are buying new!

Gamers push the limit, we need our speed for sure. When I play video games they look the same as they do on an XBOX or PS2 (with much better resolution !!)
    The NVIDIA 6800 GT OC is amazing.... !

Yeah, I get excited over this stuff still.. I guess that makes me a 43 year old (retired) geek.
    DP
    Hate to break it to you but to build a comprable system to something like Dell would cost quite a bit more unless your buying used and outdated stuff and comparing prices at different times.

It is not like Dell makes their own parts. The same parts they use are mainstream that you would use to build your own. Nvidia, ATI, IBM, Hitatchi, Intel, Western Digital, etc, etc. It is not like they have Dell made motherboards, processors, etc. And the operating systems of course are the same. The only things dell makes are the packaging and branding.

Yes the 6800 video is a fine chipset but most people do not want to spend $300-$500 on just a video card to run a $100 program. An XBOX or PS2 cost $150 by the way and you dont have to worry about game/video card compatibility.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hate to break it to you, but I never have to start from scratch when i build a new machine, or rather upgrade my computer. I have an Antec tower case, Enermax 431 PS, CDRW-DVD, 120gig hd, external 200 gig firewire hd, keyboard, mouse, monitor, OS, etc. To upgrade to the latest speed, all I need is a Graphics card, Motherboard, ram and processor. And those don't have to be done all at once. My overclocked Athlon will run circles around a $2000 Dell, and to go from my 1400 Athon to a 2.5ghz Athlon (approx. a 4000, if there was one), cost me less than $500. Mushkin 3500 ram, Athlon 2500 mobile, DFI LanPartyII Ultra B, some fans, good heatsink and a new tube of Artic silver (couldn't find mine).

Oh, and I am a 35 year old geek. Games aren't my thing, but hi resolution computer graphics and graphic design are. Amazingly, gaming systems and graphics workstations are very similar.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If a 4 channel Tx is being used in AFPD .... can the channel 5 and 6 functions be manipulated via the keyboard?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: skid2964
    If a 4 channel Tx is being used in AFPD .... can the channel 5 and 6 functions be manipulated via the keyboard?
    Sure can!!!
    Here At The Wall

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Can the RF G3 controller be used with AFPD?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: RLeeds
    Can the RF G3 controller be used with AFPD?
    Yup, we got feedback on that yesterday for the first time.
    Here At The Wall

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Dion.
    I did ask this once before and didn't see a response from you. I looked, maybe I missed it. Sorry for asking again if you did answer already as I know you are very busy!!! Maybe you don't know the answer though. I would like to know if there is an adapter for the airtronics stylus radio? It is not the regular airtronics buddy box cord. It is a 4 pin cable that they call that plugs into the dsc plug on the back..
    Thanks alot

Maybe I'll take a picture and post it....

Chris

edit
    Oh, I forgot to ask.... Is the interlink controller available seperately and when, and how much? Thanks again!!!!!!!!!
    Team BJ Craft Team F3A Unlimited
    Team JR

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

There are no 4 pin adapters on the cords so I assume the answer is not.

However does airtronics make a cable to go from old to new? Also I'm sure one could be made I guess.

Do you have G2? Does theirs work?

No, the Commander will not be made seperate, so if you want that, you need to buy that version. Then get a second cable like the ones for FMS or a Simblaster.
    Here At The Wall

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Man, you're fast. Do you sleep with your laptop or something? Well, that sucks about the game commander but all's good. No there is no connector made by anyone that go's from any of the other airtronics controllers to the stylus. I'm not quite sure why they did it. You can only go from stylus to stylus. Maybe I'm gonna have to make one.
    No, I don't have g2, i have the original real flight deluxe. With the original controller that has a broken pot. I haven't been able to use it in quite some time. I wonder if the original real flight controller works with afp deluxe.... Well, guess I'll just use some of the other airtronics vanguards with it.
    Thanks for your quick replies..
    I'll make sure that my next plane comes from you!!!
    You gonna think about selling any 2 meter pattern planes?
    Team BJ Craft Team F3A Unlimited
    Team JR

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Patternflyer1, you'll need an S video plug from the shack. There are 4 prongs on the S video plug which will match your trainer socket. Ground should be soldered to the outer shell. Looking at the outer end of the plug, signal would be the second pin from the left going CW. Hope this helps
    Mike Marks
    RCU Moderator
    Aerofly Support Representative http://www.aerofly.com/index.html

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: patternflyer1
    Man, you're fast. Do you sleep with your laptop or something? Well, that sucks about the game commander but all's good. No there is no connector made by anyone that go's from any of the other airtronics controllers to the stylus. I'm not quite sure why they did it. You can only go from stylus to stylus. Maybe I'm gonna have to make one.
    No, I don't have g2, i have the original real flight deluxe. With the original controller that has a broken pot. I haven't been able to use it in quite some time. I wonder if the original real flight controller works with afp deluxe.... Well, guess I'll just use some of the other airtronics vanguards with it.
    Thanks for your quick replies..
    I'll make sure that my next plane comes from you!!!
    You gonna think about selling any 2 meter pattern planes?
    The G2-G3 controller does work with AFP and AFP Deluxe.

If you can go from stylus to stylus that's a good start. Now you just need to go to Radio Shack like Rajul said and get the female version of a stereo 1/8" mini plug for solder or solderless connection.

Cut the one end of the stylus buddy cord and now we just have to match up 2 or 3 wires to the 1/8 female connector.

Rajul wouldn't it be easier to go to sytlus to 1/8" stereo? This way he would not have to use 2 dongles in the middle.
    Here At The Wall

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

Rajul wouldn't it be easier to go to sytlus to 1/8" stereo? This way he would not have to use 2 dongles in the middle.
    Yes that will be easier, if Chris gets the interface version
    Mike Marks
    RCU Moderator
    Aerofly Support Representative http://www.aerofly.com/index.html

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Chris, order the Interface version and get a Stylus to Stylus buddy cord. Your going to cut one end if that's ok.

You will also need this part from Radio Shack. $3.99

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...5Fid=274%2D274

Once you have these 3 items, we'll tell you what to do. But this will work.
    Here At The Wall

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Does your JR 662 work with the original USB interface or does it require the adapter?

Mike

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

I use a JR 662 for AFP. I can get at least 20-30 hours use till has to recharge.

The one's that I have seen drain quick are the 4 channel analogs.

RF G2 controller will work all functions with AFP. You can also use the FMS PIC cable for AFP as well for 2 player. Or the Sim Blaster ... there is usually a banner at the top of this forum.

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast