Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Aero Fly Deluxe - New Version

Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Aero Fly Deluxe - New Version

Old 11-09-2004, 07:18 PM
LeeU
My Feedback: (5)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Aero Fly Deluxe - New Version

Mudsurfer and cloudancer,
I had G2 and all the add ons until I purchased AFP. I sold my G2 2 weeks later. Aircraft actually fly like real airplanes in AFP, I could always tweak G2 to approximate flying , but thats not what I'm after. I fly only 3D airplanes so flight physics are a lot more important to me than the person that flys the pattern so to speak. Mudsurfer you said that you don't really need photo sceneries, I'm with you, AFP 3D scenes are crisp and clean, I turn off the clouds for higher FPS. As far as the price I think one needs to put in perspective that G2 with all 5 add ons will run you around $350.00, I purchased my original AFP for $139.00 plus $103.00 (that $103 came from overseas, it could be a little more here as they have not released it yet) thats still a lot less for AFP G2 and add ons even if the price is $125.00 for the upgrade that is still only $265.00 and I get a lot of airplanes for FREE, as a matter of fact I can get more airplanes for free than the entire 5 add ons that one has to buy for RF. Just my 2 cents. LeeU
Old 11-09-2004, 10:23 PM
Mudsurfer1234

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i still wanna know if there are any 3D sceneries on AFPD, i don't really go for the photo screneries,

come on Dion, still not talkin to me? but truthfully, i was not informed about the katana's being delayed, i never received any emails or anything, sorry but the plane is GREAT, well worth wait, thanks alot OMP! very very nice plane

Thanks again,
Scott
Old 11-10-2004, 06:38 AM
Spacey

Scott you can clearly see the indoor scenery is a normal 3D scenery. I highly doubt Ipacs would discard them completely. I'll bet a smoke that there is at least one normal 3D outdoor scenerie as well. And besides how are you going to get around it? G3 and XTR uses photoreal now? It's the new thing and I doubt it's going to go away. I hate photoreal as well except if it's done properly. And well judging from the AFP D screen shots they are. Then all is kewl.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:45 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Scott I'll talk to anyone that wants to be talked too. This love us one day, hate us the next doesn't cut it with me. You knew very well what was going on with the Katanas. I updated the website and our forums with all the info when it came to us. You seemed to be the only person out of the very many who pre-ordered who was without a clue of when they were coming in. But I'm glad you like it.

BTW here is a link to Ikarus' website if you decide to purchase AFP Deluxe.
http://www.ikarus-usa.com
Old 11-10-2004, 11:44 AM
STLPilot

Here is the "what's new" for AFP Deluxe. I've been updating AeroFlyPro.Com as the information has been coming in.

Here is what's new from the current version of AFP:

- 3 Photo sceneries with a fixed viewer position.
- 3 new 3D sceneries. One of them is an indoor gym!
- 55 models in total; Shockflyers, Eco7, 33% Christen Eagle, Trainer, 3D heli, EC-135, MD-900, Airbus 320, Zlin, Learjet, Cap21, Bell UH-1, Schweizer Helicopter, Ventus glider, Zlin50
- Glider sound when you do a flyby
- Improved ground handling
- Fog for 3D sceneries
- Back light effects in the photo sceneries
- USB Cable
- Slightly changed "easy setup" mode
- Incredible flight performance of our new Physics and Flight code!
Old 11-10-2004, 11:52 AM
CHM
My Feedback: (28)

Thanks for the info Dion!

If I understand it correctly I may eventually be able to upgrade by sending back my CD and interface and get a new Deluxe CD and interface for about 100 bucks? Will we be able to upgrade to the controller version if we have only the interface version?

Please let us know ASAP. My kids are asking for Christmas ideas!

Thanks,
Chuck
Old 11-10-2004, 12:11 PM
fschultz

I just placed my order for Aerofly Pro Deluxe. It is supposed to ship late November.
Old 11-10-2004, 01:10 PM
STLPilot

So far the details I have you have you mail back the Original CD and Interface. You keep the dongle adapter and the Expansion Pack. You will then get a new CD and new USB Interface cable in return. When this is going to happen we have no idea.

The target price for the upgrade is going to be between 80-100 USD.

Also all current AFP aircraft and scenery will work in the AFP Deluxe.
Old 11-10-2004, 03:03 PM
3-D Flyer
My Feedback: (150)

Ordered mine last night!!! Thanks Deon! I can not wait to try it. After all this time on G-2 i was about to purchace G-3 and after seeing this and reading about 1000 great posts from AFP users the vid's finally sold me. Perfect timing too... I have a New Laptop(desktop replacement coming Dec. 1,) with all the newest stuff so it should run great! Can't wait! Aftertall with 4 or better months of snow coming out here it is all i will have besides my foamie's to give me my "fix"! Latter. Dave.
Old 11-10-2004, 06:52 PM
LeeU

Dion,
Strike what I said a few post back about I would pay $125.00 for the update, $80.00 to $100.00 is a killer deal. At $169.95 for the full up version G2 users almost break even between G3 and the new AFP even with the $50.00 rebate for G2. LeeU
Old 11-10-2004, 07:23 PM
Mudsurfer1234

i just ordered mine, hopefully be here late november...

Looks good, can't wait, really hoping that the RF controller works
Old 11-10-2004, 07:26 PM
LeeU

Mudsurfer,
Don't worry about your controller working, before I sold my G2 I was using my controller with "NO" problems at all. LeeU
Old 11-10-2004, 08:05 PM
Mudsurfer1234

can i use all the functions? 3 way switch and dial and other switches?

and all i gotta do is set it as a joystick? sounds like i can use the PS2 controller i got for my computer too

Thanks,
Scott
Old 11-10-2004, 08:09 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Scott, you could use your own Tx. Which one do you have ? I use my 9C with my AFP , ahem.... and soon AFPD
Old 11-10-2004, 08:23 PM
LeeU

Your G2 transmitter works just like your real transmitter. I was going to buy a cheap JR radio so I would not use up my JR 8103, I checked with Horizon Hobbies about using it with a sim all the time and they said to use it as the only thing that will wear out is the gimbals and they run $50.00 for replacement. I really like using the sim with my real radio as I think it helps for actual flying. LeeU
Old 11-10-2004, 08:32 PM
rajul

ORIGINAL: LeeU

I really like using the sim with my real radio as I think it helps for actual flying. LeeU
Get a feel for the actual Tx, memorizing the switch and knob positions, so that it feels natural in the field.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:25 PM
Mudsurfer1234

i just don't want to run down the batteries all the time
Old 11-10-2004, 09:29 PM
rajul

The sim uses extremely low power as your RF circuit is disabled. My 700mah pack last about 10 hours. I have a 1650mah pack which I use in the field
Old 11-10-2004, 09:53 PM
r1derbike

I pull my 6 meter RF module out of my PCM Super-7, and it lasts many hours like that. Easy to go fly, just snap it back on the transmitter!

Charles
Old 11-10-2004, 10:52 PM
440GTX

The sim uses extremely low power as your RF circuit is disabled. My 700mah pack last about 10 hours. I have a 1650mah pack which I use in the field
That explains it
I have an Eclipse 7. After 4 hrs of sim time last weekend the Tx ( 600mah) still shows 10.6 Volts

Fred..
Old 11-11-2004, 05:37 AM
STLPilot

I use a JR 662 for AFP. I can get at least 20-30 hours use till has to recharge.

The one's that I have seen drain quick are the 4 channel analogs.

RF G2 controller will work all functions with AFP. You can also use the FMS PIC cable for AFP as well for 2 player. Or the Sim Blaster ... there is usually a banner at the top of this forum.
Old 11-11-2004, 08:45 AM
3-D Flyer

Anyone using the Futtaba 9c? I am curious how long it will last w/ this sim with that big screen t.v. on there..... That is what i will be using. Any experiences? and with what size packs?
Old 11-11-2004, 08:53 AM
rajul

It does not matter what type of display. If you use the right type of adapter which disables the RF module of your 9C, you'll get about 10-12 hours out of a 700mah pack. My pack is pretty old, so a new pack will probably be much longer.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:22 AM
3-D Flyer

Cool! I alreadfy ordered the Futaba adaptor from Deon. Thanks for filling me in! Dave.
Old 11-11-2004, 01:31 PM
famousdave
My Feedback: (61)

I am not one to give free advertising, but I have had G2 for quite a while.. the physics are horrible, but it was still entertaining and did help me with my knife edges and slow rolls so I still used it on a regular basis. Recently a friend let me try his AFP... I did not realize how crappy the G2 physics were until I flew with AFP.. much more realistic. I actually felt like I was flying and my plane reacted much like the real thing. The graphics were as good as G2 too and so I was hooked.

I was still leaning toward the G3 update, but Realflight announced the product at tower and elsewhere - there was NOTHING on their website, no info on upgrades, no support info NOTHING. Their website still says "coming soon".. what a bunch of BS...

OMP / AFP on the other hand has a clear, concise and well informed product announcement that states exactly what it costs, what is included for what you pay, and with improved physics- all for less $$ that G3.

Honestly - 3G is probably going to come up to AFP's original version and now AFP takes one step ahead.

I ordered my advance of AFP Deluxe. G3 can take its $50 rebate and cram it!!
This decision was a no-brainer. Now I'll have G2 and AFP/D for about what I would have paid for G3....

DP

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.