Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Aero Fly Deluxe - New Version

I have never flew a %40'er. I increased the weight of the fuse on the black extra by %50 and cranked up the H.P and control deflections and increased speed to %120. The Physics are phenomenal I am blown away by this sim.
    Good Flying to you!
    See Blog for RCU Video\'s

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok, I finally got my copy of AFPD yesterday... Loaded it up last night and began playing with it...

I only have one word...

AMAZING!!!

Well worth the wait...
    Life is short, get your own...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Great to hear guy. I figured you would like it once you got ahold of it. Have you downloaded any planes?? The big OMP Hybrid is pretty awesome in its stock setup. Also check out Maartens setup for indoor foamie flying. Without it flying in the gym isnt much fun!
    [8D]
    Mike East
    AMA 793948

Back to square one .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah man, I love it...

Now the hard part is tearing myself away to build / fly my REAL RC stuff... lol... I'm building three on the bench right now and the weather is good enough to go to the field... Decisions, decisions...

I adjusted the foamie settings to match Maarten's and am making progress in the gym... Flying foamies in the gym is alot of fun and keeps the thumbs nimble...

I've downloaded & installed all the models I find interesting... My favorite is the Yak 55... I have an EF 87" Yak 54 on the way and this is like icing on the cake... I have adjusted the profile on the AFPD Yak to fly more realistically... If the EF Yak flies anything like the AFPD version, I'll be s**tting in tall cotton...

Happy new year everyone!!! [sm=sunsmiley.gif]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Torqued-Up,

I know what you mean. AFPD is incredibile and one of my favorites is the Yak 55 that I downloaded. Just curious, what settings did you change to make it more realistic? Also....and this question could be to anyone....but I have changed selected parameters on other models but I have not figured out how to change the engine parameters. I know the book says you can only use the Objects menu but for some reason I just can not seem to find where you make those changes. []

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This is how I like the Yak--again, I only fly 25% and less--but this thing is most likely my favorite plane.

Motor -12hp(down from 15)
    Prop-28-8
    Fuse-weight 30.86 pounds CG -2inches

Weight of plane comes in at 53 pounds

Turbulence 1.5
    sim speed 130%

Does anyone know where I can find a edge540? I downloaded one that was meant for pro but it won't show in my menu?
    Good Flying to you!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Why would we have to change the settings to make it more realistic? Also....and this question could be to anyone....that does not make any sense to me. you would think that they would be right from the start. i can understand if they are made by some of us that don't know what we are doing but if they came from the system one would think that they would be right. sure there is always someone who wants to change something and sometimes they can make it better but for me everytime i have changed the settings on my g2 i had messed the plane up. i bought the g3 and it was not as good as the g2. i just bought the deluxe and i am having trouble getting the planes to fly realistic. they are real slow and do not respond like the real ones. i have a great pc with a new fx5950 card and for the most part it runs at 400fps or better so i know its not my pc. maybe someone here can help me with this problem. i like the system for the most part but there is problems that i would like to get fixed so i can get the most out of my system. thank you for any help. Max[]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Max, perhaps one reason that I have to modify the planes is that I am trying to get the 40% to fly like a 25% plane. The easiest thing to do if the models are flying too slow and reacting slowly is to increase your sim speed try 150%--ajust as you wish. Also add weight to the fuse and add reduce H.P.
    Don't worry about screwing up a model--just edit a copy of the plane.
    Good Flying to you!

Max1 - I understand how you feel, I don't like messing with tweaking any plane to fly more realistically either. However, I've found with a little experience now on AFPD that increasing the simulation speed to 125 to 130% for the bigger planes makes them seem more realistic. Ya it sure seems like lunar gravity for some of the planes. The shockflyers seem pretty close at 100% though. I know there's other tweaks but I'm not yet annoyed enough to try messing with them although eventually I'm sure I will!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thank you guys for your help. how do you speed up your system to 150%? i don't know where to change this. thank you Max[8D]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I did basically the same thing that SpaceWalker did... I added weight, changed the prop and bumped up the Sim speed... I didn't change the engine power though...

Someone either in this thread or another AFPD thread made the comment that some of the planes flew like they were full of helium... That's the impression I got on the Yak 55... That's why I tweaked it... On the other hand I thought the Matt Roland Extra flew very realistically without changing anything...

Just my 2 cents...

ORIGINAL: Max1

thank you guys for your help. how do you speed up your system to 150%? i don't know where to change this. thank you Max[8D]
    When you're actually on the flying screen go to the file menu and general options in the middle is the sim speed slider.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I got on the Yak 55... That's why I tweaked it...
    That's the same thing I though until I flew a Composite Yak 55. Believe it or not ... that's almost exactly how that plane flies! Gentle giant.
    Here At The Wall

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Does this sim offer any scale warbirds from the 40's / 50's? If so how closely does the flight characteristics resemble the real deal? Also has anyone flown comparisons of Aero Fly Deluxe to G3 in a warbird setting? How do they compare? Thanks Guys!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Are the USB upgrade versions all shpg via UPS? Is there any way to get a tracking number?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

STLPilot

I ordered AFPD on dec 21 and was told that my order was going to go out with the latest shipment. It was a phone order and I have not received a tracking no. or conformation that it has been shiped. I hope you can help me to find out when it will arive. It was going to Brent Good in York SC.

Thanks

Brent
    Brent Good Custom Airframes

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I received my copy yesterday - I was told that since I had a PO box as part of my address they shipped it USPS first class mail instead of UPS. (I am in WA state)
    Great sim! Seems to load a lot quicker than AFP...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

I got on the Yak 55... That's why I tweaked it...
    That's the same thing I though until I flew a Composite Yak 55. Believe it or not ... that's almost exactly how that plane flies! Gentle giant.

Hey Deon, I agree the Yak is awesome! However it seems like a balloon! What are your settings to modify the original model?
    I ask this because i wonder how realistic you can get this one as i have never flown this plane, my largest is a 2.6 Composite arf extra. Any pointers on how you set yours up? Thanks! Oh by the way, i am able to download these things left and right now! Thanks for the lesson!!! Dave.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm going to get my friend to tune in who has a 3.3 Composite Yak. You will be really surprised on what he has to say about how the 2 compare. I didn't believe it until I tried it. But the Yak does fly just like that. That is why they cost $8K. The only tweak is sim speed to 120% and add a little weather in.

D
    Here At The Wall

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wow, looking forward to it, If that's how it is i'll probably be selling a couple of my 1/3 scale planes to finace one of those! I was thinking about doing a 40% this year, just have not decided yet. Perhaps this may help make up my mind! By the way did you get my e-mail w/ my shipping info for thatr futaba adaptor?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i have....

p3-866hz
    256 geforce nvidia video card with 64meg
    512 ram
    win98se
    direct x 8.1

will this system be enough for AFP Deluxe to run ok?....been running g2 without any problems, thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dion, does that Yak really cost 8k?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Domnimon-

I'm running Dell P3/866
    512mb ram
    Nvidia FX5200 128mb
    WinXP Pro/DX9

AFPD works OK as long as you keep it simple. (No smoke, games, etc) and stick with the photo backgrounds. Otherwise it slows down noticably. You might want more HP.
    Karl

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: RChobby53

Dion, does that Yak really cost 8k?
    At Least.... The airframe alone from Compsite-arf is between $3500-$3700 depending on which scheme you choose then add a $1500+ engine and keep on going from there! I have a buddy i fly with that has about 9-10 G's tied up in a H-9 Ultimate! It's crazy! I have been sticking with 35% airplanes because of the price tag difference.... not that they are much cheaper! about 1/2 actually depending on how you outfit them. I'll have about $4G's plus into my Compsite arf 2.6 Extra when it's thru.... quite the addicting hobby ain't it! I do not think this sim is going to help matters much either!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

HEy guys how would this work with an ati pro 9000 128mb card? computer is a 1.7ghz 512 ram. Will The graphics be good and will it run smooth?

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast