Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Aero Fly Deluxe - New Version

Wha??? Aero Fly Profesional sucks? have you actually flown it? From what I heard "deluxe" is pretty much the same physics, just "tweaked" a bit. And a improvement of graphics. To get a plane in G2 to 3D at all it had to be modified fly around like a balloon. Graphics in AFP is better than G2 if you have a good graphics card, and settings done properly.

And how can you like the new one? Did you get an advance copy that we all don't have or somthing? If so, drop it in the mail off to me! (sadly I have a feeling I'm waiting till the middle of december like everyone else)

Well to each his own I supose, but sucks is such a strong word.

my .02
    -------------
    I could be wrong.....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have G2 and am now learning 3D. I think I will hold out for AFP Deluxe-- Was also looking at Reflex and G3. I have a stupid sounding question... How long is the USB cable or cord and can it easily be extended with a trainer cord and adapter if needed? Right now my G2 cord is about 6" too short. Keep the info coming. Think I will pre order soon.
    Good Flying to you!
    See Blog for RCU Video\'s

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I pulled the spec sheet on my Sony computer. It is a Sony Vaio PCV-RX560 computer with:
    1.7GHz, 256MB RAM, NVIDIA TNT2 M64 (32MB) graphics acceleration. Do I need to both upgrade the RAM and the graphics card? If YES, what is a good graphics card that will do the job but is still fairly inexpensive?

Thanks - Steve

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You can get a 6' USB extension cable, they sell them just about everywhere computer stuff is sold. it will work, as I have used it.

You will only need to upgrade your video card on that Sony, not the ram. I suggest ATI 9800.
    Here At The Wall

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I went to AeroPros website to check the system requirements and I have a question. One of the recommended graphics cards is the Nvidia GeForce FX series (5700, 5900). I have this exact series EXCEPT that mine is a 5200 card. Does anyone think mine would run it okay? I have 128MB DDR that is dedicated to the graphics card and an additional 512MB DDR ****M for the overall system.

Thanks in advance.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Harleyflyer

I went to AeroPros website to check the system requirements and I have a question. One of the recommended graphics cards is the Nvidia GeForce FX series (5700, 5900). I have this exact series EXCEPT that mine is a 5200 card. Does anyone think mine would run it okay? I have 128MB DDR that is dedicated to the graphics card and an additional 512MB DDR ****M for the overall system.

Thanks in advance.

Your 5200 should run ok. I have a brand new 6800 GT in my PC awaiting for the deluxe version. Can't wait!

Will post some pics for sure.

Serge

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ordered mine today!! Now all I need is a #@*!$&@! $200 graphics accelerator card... sheesh...

OOOOH crap, I just went back and re read the minimum requirements. My processor is an AMD 1Ghz Athlon processor, is this enough??
    Mike East
    AMA 793948

Back to square one .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Put my name on the list today! I hope the Wildcat VP 870 is up to the task. Merry Christmas to me.
    Good Flying to you!
    See Blog for RCU Video\'s

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Serge:

I just ordered an EVGA 6800 GT today, to run in lieu of my FX 5200, which is inadequate for G3. How do you like the 6800 GT? My sys is athlon 64 3200+ w/1gig ram.
    \"Sometimes, I run out of altitude and airspeed...at the same time!\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have a GeForce 5700 FX 128MB video card, should that be enough?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

But you can only do that once

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

STL,
    Is OMP closed this week? I have called both numbers yesterday and today to confirm my online order and no ones answering at either phone number. I just want to be sure I got my order in on time for this shipment of AFP deluxe, and that Im not going to be waiting on a later shipment. If I missed the shipment I want to change my order.
    Mike East
    AMA 793948

Back to square one .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I ordered mine last week and it would be good if OMP would send some sort of order confirmation. i dont like to send anyone money and not get a single thing back from them. i can understand you guys will be busy with the orders that you are getting but it would be better if there was something to say your order has been taken and you should receive your order on 12/**/04

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: pauluk2w

I ordered mine last week and it would be good if OMP would send some sort of order confirmation. i dont like to send anyone money and not get a single thing back from them. i can understand you guys will be busy with the orders that you are getting but it would be better if there was something to say your order has been taken and you should receive your order on 12/**/04

Same here for me...

[&:]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

and me...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Dion -

You have me thinking with all these PC setup questions.. I ordered the new version and was wondering if it will work with my computer... As long as its a 32 bit installer, I should not have any issues.. but let me know for sure!

ASUS A8V-D Motherboard
    AMD Athlon 64 FX-53 Processor
    2 GB Corsair Dual Channel 3200 RAM
    GEFORCE 6800 GT Ultra OC Video Card 512MB VRAM
    2 80GB Western Digital 10,000 RPM SATA drives RAID (0) config
    25" Samsung Flat Panel 1920 x 1200
    Windows XP 64 Bit version
    Windows 2000 Pro (Dual Boot)

You really need to stop teasing me with all the screen shots... its making me impatient!!!

DP

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Our shopping cart which is PayPal sends you an email with the order information and transaction number as soon as you process. It comes from PayPal which is our merchant. It says on the email that you have sent a payment to Ohio Model Planes. Well, that's us. So now you have a confirmation and transaction number that came to you in email. We don't need to send you "you should receive your order on 12/**/04" because it's stated right next to the order button when you press it. There is no way to order without knowing approx when the item is going to ship.

We are on these forums many times a day. We update the website every day. We also send you a tracking number automatically when the order processes to be shippped.

If we don't give you enough information ... well I apologize.
    Here At The Wall

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

[X(] Your right i just checked my receipt that i received from paypal. i should have thought of that but i guess in the excitement of making my order i never checked things as well as i should. I'm just so excited and getting so impatient waiting it's killing me. will there be a T-34 Mentor that i will be able to fly on AFPD?
    paul

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No prob .... we are here to help for ANY time of day. Even midnite like ... right now. Guess that's why I seemed a little stern in my reply.
    Here At The Wall

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

No prob .... we are here to help for ANY time of day. Even midnite like ... right now. Guess that's why I seemed a little stern in my reply.

Mudsurfer ... please tell me that you did not order AFP Deluxe from OMP. Please tell me that you bought it from someone else.
    Why do you say that to mudsurfer???? is there a problem?? im confused as i ordered mine from OMP

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Pretty soon it's going to become quite heated in this forum. Imagine the chaos we're going to experience once these sims hit the streets!!! Can't wait! Hehehe....I can only imagine the chaos as anticipation boils when we reach the shipping date...only a couple of weeks to go guys! Keep those thumbs warm! Don't abandon your old AFPs now!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Whats the deal on the AFPD upgrade price? In this message it was announced the price was going to be $80. However, I just visited the OMP page and it says $100 including shipping[:@].
    I just bought AFP a few months ago for $130, now I have to spend another $100 and send back the original? That's $230 for ONE copy of AFP(D)? If I just go out and buy AFPD it's $170 - and I get to keep my original AFP! Seems like a funny way to treat repeat customers[]

Heck, I can do better by selling my AFP on eBay or whatever and then buying AFPD for $170. I don't think I should have to do this...

I would definitely be in the market for AFPD, but not if I don't get some kind of break for being an upgrade customer. Being penalized for upgrading is absolutely not acceptable. Please reconsider.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I suggest you do sell your sim on Ebay. That's what most people are doing for G2 too.

This comes from Germany, we have no control on price or procedeure. They were shooting for a lesser price, however it ended up at the price that it is.

I would definitely be in the market for AFPD, but not if I don't get some kind of break for being an upgrade customer. Being penalized for upgrading is absolutely not acceptable.
    There is a price break, it's a promo price at $95. If you can do better on Ebay, by all means, do it. Ebay is taking over the used/garage sale market, so might as well take it all. If it makes you happy, it makes us happy.

Personally I have never been discounted for a single piece of software I have ever purchased at Comp USA or Best Buy from the previous version, so this is the industry standard, not a penalty. I know the price is higher then some software, but not all. I paid $199 for my MS Office XP. $599 for Macromedia Studio MX. $999 for 3D Studio Max Deluxe.
    Here At The Wall

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Kamikazi

Whats the deal on the AFPD upgrade price? In this message it was announced the price was going to be $80. However, I just visited the OMP page and it says $100 including shipping[:@].
    I just bought AFP a few months ago for $130, now I have to spend another $100 and send back the original? That's $230 for ONE copy of AFP(D)? If I just go out and buy AFPD it's $170 - and I get to keep my original AFP! Seems like a funny way to treat repeat customers[]

Heck, I can do better by selling my AFP on eBay or whatever and then buying AFPD for $170. I don't think I should have to do this...

I would definitely be in the market for AFPD, but not if I don't get some kind of break for being an upgrade customer. Being penalized for upgrading is absolutely not acceptable. Please reconsider.
    I work with autodesk software every day of my life and have gone through this many times before. If we bought autocad today and the new version comes out tomorrow we still have to pay more than half the price of the new version and we have to send in our old version. The fact that we don't have to pay full price is already a huge bargain for our company and helps alot. Be happy that at least you are given the option of a rebate. If it's not the full price then I don't see much reason for anyone to complain. This version of AFP is not an upgrade. It's a new software package. Sure some of the old code might have been used as a basis but it's been improved alot! Me myself are not going to take advantage of the rebate OMP is offering for the simple reason that I live in South Africa and sending my sim to them and then waiting for the new one is just going to strain my thumbs too much I wouldn't be able to live without my AFP for longer than a day so I've decided to rather sell my old one here and get a full new version. Consider doing the same maybe you can save some more money. But either way its more than probably going to be so worth getting the new version.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This may have been asked before... as a matter of interest, does the old AFP work with the new dongle. I am pretty sure it will not work the other way around. I sent my dongle and original disk off today to get the upgrade-- Euro 70-00 so waiting with interest.

The have done well out of me - Bought EasyFly> Bought AFP> Bought AFP add-on>Bought AFP -dlx but it is a good product !!

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast