Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Best sim for sailplanes, park flyers, basic aero?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Best sim for sailplanes, park flyers, basic aero?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2004, 11:41 AM
ehart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best sim for sailplanes, park flyers, basic aero?

Hi,

No one around here to teach me to fly. I'm interested in sailplanes and park flyers, not glow or large electrics. I have a 2M foamie (rudder, elevator) I've used for several years -- thermal soaring basically. Now I'm looking to get an electric park flyer with ailerons to try to learn to roll and do other basic aerobatic maneuvers. Would like to get a slope soarer at some point. Would like a simulator to help me avoid trashing planes as I try to learn this new stuff!

So here are my priorities:

- Good variety of realistic sailplanes (especially) and park fliers
- A good "instructor" mode that teaches basic aerobatics - I don't even know where to start.
- Thermal simulation
- Wind simulation (including gusts)
- Slope simulation.
- Glider sound
- Realistic flight characteristics more important than graphics
- Computer requirements are not a problem, I work for a computer company and can get whatever I need
- Comes with "transmitter" as well as interface with my transmitter (MPX 3030)
- "3D" flight not important

I realize that I may not get all this, but would like to get most of it. I am considering Real Flight G3 and Aerofly Pro Deluxe based on reading here.

Thanks for any advice!

- Eric
Old 11-08-2004, 07:02 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Best sim for sailplanes, park flyers, basic aero?

AFP has everything that you are looking for in your requests. You can also do 2 player glider towing. Sloping, thermals, wind .. it does it all. AFP is recognized as the 3D sim because of it's great physics, well those physics transfer over to every other type of flying as well. Jets, gliders, slow flyers, pylon racers etc.

Learning to glider tow is a challenge in itself I've learned. It's very realistic and you must fly it very precise or the glider will pull the tow plane down. See pic.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27308.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	191093  
Old 11-09-2004, 02:46 AM
BillK

Default RE: Best sim for sailplanes, park flyers, basic aero?

I second the AFP recommendation. I have G2 and AFP and haven't touched G2 since I bought AFP. If you get to the point where you want to do 3D flying you'll be set with AFP.