Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Dual Rates on AFP?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 03:27 PM
atmycabin
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual Rates on AFP?

Just received my AFP. I have been using G2 but at $119 I could no longer resist and had to see what all the rave was about. Well, it's all set up and I already like it better. Feels more realistic and has tons of planes to download. HOWEVER, I can't seem to figure out how to set up for dual rates. I have a Hitec Eclipse and AFP does not seem to recognize my TX setup. Any sugestions?

Thanks
Old 12-01-2004, 03:39 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Dual Rates on AFP?

Does your radio have dual rates built in?

AFP does what your radio can do. If you only have 4 channel radio, then that's what you get to use. However you can assign keyboard switches, however not dual rates as that must come from the TX.
Old 12-01-2004, 03:51 PM
atmycabin

The Eclipse 7 (http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXWB59**&P=7) has 7 channels and most sport flying mixes. Unlike the AFP, the G2 had no trouble recognizing my exponential and dual rat set-up. I did check the AFP calibration setup for any options. It also seems that exponential needs to be set in the calibration screen.

Thanks for your response.
Old 12-01-2004, 04:20 PM
Mike Ledbetter

The exponential CAN be set in the software but does not NEED to be if your TX has that feature.

Be sure you are using the advanced setup menu. Try starting a new controller profile.
Old 12-01-2004, 05:13 PM
atmycabin

Thanks Mike that worked.

I created a new controller profile and name and immediately used the advanced setup menu. It seems that once one sets up a controller profile under easy set-up you can't upgrade the profile to advanced. I also noticed that dual rates only become evident if the low rates are below 30%. Now that I know I'll just dedicate a channel in my TX to ASP.

Woohooo!! Off to practice

Happy Holidays!!
Old 12-01-2004, 07:24 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you're setting up dual rates, triple rates on your radio to work with AFP, remember to calibrate AFP using the highest rate
Old 12-03-2004, 01:46 PM
MikeEast
My Feedback: (3)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

OK I have a question. I have a Futaba 9C transmitter. To use AFPD I have to have the transmitter power on? Is it REQUIRED to have the power on the tranmitter regardlessof what tranxmitter you are using? And if Im understanding correctly I can use all of the functions of my 9C transmitter to setup and trimout a plane on AFP? So I am going to have to use one of the models on my transmitter as a setup for a model on AFP? Is this a requirement or can I leave my transmitter off and just use the sticks to fly the plane via the interface like AFP original? Im just curious as to how this is going to work not that it maters, I will do what I have to do.

That being said, I thought I understood that there were some models that had already been setup for us by Maarten and some other guys. How will we use our Tx's to fly those planes?

Color me ignorant but hey you gotta start somewhere....[8D]
Old 12-03-2004, 06:15 PM
cfossa
My Feedback: (5)

Yes,

You do need your radio turned on to work with AFP, and it will take up one of the model memory locations. Some people say it is best to pull out the Tx cyrstal to keep from damaging the radio by running it with the antenna collapsed alot ... not sure if this is really necessary or even if putting the crystal in and out many times is a good idea.

Personally, I prefer the G2 controller to my radio for AFP. The main draw back is that the switches on the G2 controller do not work for dual rates like they do in G2 ... landing gear and flaps work fine.

I think the models that other folks have set up do not include things you would have to program in your radio. For example, the control surfaces have "max" throws and you only get dual rates if you program them on your radio.

Good luck,

Carl