Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

I tried Aeroflight Pro Deluxe today

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

I tried Aeroflight Pro Deluxe today

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 04:32 PM
aviti
My Feedback: (54)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I tried Aeroflight Pro Deluxe today

I got to try an advance copy of the AFP Duluxe today. I tried it at OMP (Dion Cini's) office. In a word, the update is SWEET! I like to 3D so I have always preferred the physics of AFP to G2. The Deluxe version is just a nice improvement for AFP. Visually it is awesome with the addition of photo scenery and new flying locations. Even with the photo scenery, you can crash into anything, fly behind things and even see the plane react on the ground to different surface conditions. You also don't have an "invisible wall" to crash into if you fly behind yourself.

Another key addition is the 3D electrics...the Shock Flyers look and fly awesome....just like a real 3D foamie. Flying them around the gymnasium is a blast. It's also fun to fly the 40% Extra in the gym though!

If you want to learn 3D, there is no better simulator and now with the Deluxe version you get the latest in planes and scenery too. I have G2 and I have tried Reflex and AFP/AFP Deluxe are hands down the winner. I've also heard (although not yet tried first hand) that G3 physics are still limiting for flying 3D...

I'll be upgrading my AFP to Deluxe as soon as possible....
Old 12-07-2004, 05:07 PM
famousdave
My Feedback: (61)

Default RE: I tried Aeroflight Pro Deluxe today

You're preachin to the choir dude!! We all are eagerly awaiting shipment... I feel sorry for all those G3 guys who spent the $$ on a buggy, trouble ridden beta release!!

I too have flown it (in the fatherland) and it ROCKS!! Well worth the wait.

DP
Old 12-07-2004, 05:14 PM
serge1
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: aviti

I got to try an advance copy of the AFP Duluxe today. I tried it at OMP (Dion Cini's) office. In a word, the update is SWEET! I like to 3D so I have always preferred the physics of AFP to G2. The Deluxe version is just a nice improvement for AFP. Visually it is awesome with the addition of photo scenery and new flying locations. Even with the photo scenery, you can crash into anything, fly behind things and even see the plane react on the ground to different surface conditions. You also don't have an "invisible wall" to crash into if you fly behind yourself.

Another key addition is the 3D electrics...the Shock Flyers look and fly awesome....just like a real 3D foamie. Flying them around the gymnasium is a blast. It's also fun to fly the 40% Extra in the gym though!

If you want to learn 3D, there is no better simulator and now with the Deluxe version you get the latest in planes and scenery too. I have G2 and I have tried Reflex and AFP/AFP Deluxe are hands down the winner. I've also heard (although not yet tried first hand) that G3 physics are still limiting for flying 3D...

I'll be upgrading my AFP to Deluxe as soon as possible....

How much 20$ bill Dion gave you for the speech? Joking...I don't have AFP deluxe yet but I am sure it will be the best sim available when it hit the market. The original AFP was so good and now with the deluxe version it will be a blast.

Can't wait to get my hand on mine. Ikarus made a very polished product with the deluxe version and it shows.

My Nvidia 6800 GT is anxiously waiting to run the sim. I expect stellar graphics to say the least.

AFP deluxe will be the best. That's crystal clear for me.

Serge
Old 12-07-2004, 05:36 PM
aviti

I should get some $ from Dion but he has me convinced that I should be lucky that I even got to try it before it hits the streets. All I can say to anyone that thinks it is marketing hype, try before you buy. G2 was fine until I tried to do some 3D. And if 3D aint your thing, you still should see the scenery and planes on AFP Deluxe....top notch.
Old 12-07-2004, 05:39 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Pay me??? Nah .... when you guys see this prog .... you'll all be saying the same thing.

AFP Deluxe has nothing to worry about I can assure you as far as what it says it can do on the website, vids and pics and what it will do when you get it.

My office is open to anyone that want to come by and try it. I'll even be glad to pick up anyone at the airport.
Old 12-07-2004, 05:47 PM
Mykol

Free trials...Hmmmmm I'm in Canada and now wondering how I can work it into my schedule
I fly for a living, I'm sure I could find a way down there.

But I must control myself, I hope to have it by the end of the month since ordering it yesterday.
I was going to wait until guys got it delivered and gave some reviews before ordering it. I couldn't hold out...
Old 12-08-2004, 09:13 PM
k0brd

ORIGINAL: Mykol

Free trials...Hmmmmm I'm in Canada and now wondering how I can work it into my schedule
I fly for a living, I'm sure I could find a way down there.

But I must control myself, I hope to have it by the end of the month since ordering it yesterday.
I was going to wait until guys got it delivered and gave some reviews before ordering it. I couldn't hold out...
Mykol
I live closer (Nebraska) and I have APFD also, if you want to stop here. Everything Dion says about it is true..
Bill
Old 12-08-2004, 09:49 PM
Mykol

Thanks for the offer!

But I must try to exercise self control here
I'm in Toronto, Nebraska is not one of my routes with Air Canada right now anyway.

Cheers;

Mike
Old 12-10-2004, 01:10 PM
Mykol

I flew into and out of PHL today. Just a quick turn back to Toronto. I see that Chadds Ford is close. If only I had a layover...I would have asked you to pick me up and allow me to try AFPD... Newman!

If I won't be getting it delivered for several more weeks, I may have to submit changes to my Schedule

Mike
Old 12-10-2004, 01:21 PM
STLPilot

Anyhow here are a couple more vids to keep you entertained, by Marteen De Moor

http://www.flybuder.com/aeroflyvids/circletork.WMV - small

http://www.flybuder.com/aeroflyvids/circletorkbig.WMV - big

Fixed links ...
Old 12-10-2004, 01:35 PM
Mykol

Ahhhhh...I see

Awesome video!

Could you post an image of the Su-31 in flight or on the ground. And if you have time one of the 747? I'm curious how the "Deluxe" versions look.

Thanks

Mike
Old 12-10-2004, 01:54 PM
aviti

Those videos worked for me. It looks like Maarten flies Mode 1 vs Mode 2. I guess Mode 1 is more popular in Europe.
Old 12-10-2004, 02:24 PM
STLPilot

Mode 1 is Europe.

AFP and AFP D come defaulted as Mode 1 when you buy it.

That's why you have to re-assign all the channels when you start it up.
Old 12-10-2004, 02:29 PM
aviti

Yeh, I also had to reverse the rudder and ailerons....right must be left and left is right in europe also. maybe that explains why they drive on the other side of the road....
Old 12-10-2004, 02:34 PM
STLPilot

ORIGINAL: Mykol
I flew into and out of PHL today. Just a quick turn back to Toronto. I see that Chadds Ford is close. If only I had a layover...I would have asked you to pick me up and allow me to try AFPD... Newman!
Actually I'm from Philly ... living in St. Louis ... getting ready to move to NYC in a couple weeks. Since it says where from in avatar area, I'm not proud to say I'm from STL. Rams suck, Cards got their butts fed to them and their St. Louis Style Pizza is like a Motzah Cracker with ketchup and American cheese. The best place to get a hoagie is Subway. St. Louisians wouldn't know a good sandwich if it was thrown in their faces. The Italian retaurants serve nothing but toasted raviolis and stale bread on the table ... I mean come on ... toasted raviolis? Some Italian restaurants serve Lance crackers in a basket as the bread. There is not a single Jewish Deli for 500 miles. Oh ... and not 1 single Diner, they have something called a Diner, but it's a joke.

Changing my RCU name to PHLPilot as soon as I leave my skid marks out of this town.
Old 12-10-2004, 02:44 PM
Mykol

I've flown into STL many times but never had to leave the airport. Always a treat taxiing arond there, with the Boeing plant on site building the F/A-18. See them taking off sometimes. As well as the Air National Guard in their f-15. I drool all over the cockpit floor when they launch with burners on.

I guess I'll avoid going into town for food then as per your descriptions.

Any fresh images of AFPD for me to gawk at?

Mike
Old 12-10-2004, 03:29 PM
Aerohead
My Feedback: (37)

Damn, that Maarten kid's got the longest thumbs I have ever seen! No wonder he's such a wizard with the rudder.
Old 12-10-2004, 04:05 PM
aviti

Mike, the food isn't that bad in St Louis...Dion is just a east coast snob. Let's see, if you don't like St louis pizza, what about Rackanelli's? Those guys are as east coast as they come. Pumpernickles deli? What about that place isn't Jewish? Dion hasn't been there I'm sure. And let' talk about football and baseball....when where the Eagles or the Phillies last in a world championship? Wow, that's a city starving for a championship. I know, the Eagles make it to the NFC championship game 4 years in a row...but who beat them to go to the Superbowl 3 years ago? And who won the Superbowl 5 years ago? Clue - Rams. And although the Card did choke in the World Series, I don't think I remember seeing the Phillies even in the playoffs....

And Mike, if you are coming to town, I guarantee I can make you the best Philly cheesesteak sandwich you've ever had. Forget about Pat's, Gino's or Jim's in Philly...you can get the best right here!
Old 12-10-2004, 04:22 PM
STLPilot

St. Louis is a perfect place for Racanelli's. I'm sure they lost their asses in NE somewhere and got kicked out. Figured that could make things happen. Sucked then ... sucks now. Obviously you've never been to a REAL Jewish Deli, not a wannabe.

Stay away from St Louis food, especially the sanwiches. Doesn't matter you can't find a deli with a GPS, Map and Yellow Pages combined. Subways on every corner though, if you consider that a sandwich.

Ah come on comparing the Eagles to the Rams? Please .... Eagles are breaking every record in the book this year.

Phillies haven't been to the world series in a while, prolly this year, but weren't HUMILIATED in front of over 1 billion people either.

Aviti you might make a good Cheesesteak, but where you going to get thin sliced rib eye with Amoroso's bread? Friggin butchers don't even know how to cut meat. If you walked into a supermarket in the NE and saw all the cold cuts pre sliced and piled up, you'd be out of business in a day.
Old 12-10-2004, 04:33 PM
Mykol

I'm only hungry for some more AFPD images anyway...

How about those Su-31 and 747 images?

Old 12-10-2004, 04:41 PM
rusirius

Crap...
Old 12-10-2004, 04:53 PM
SigMan

do you have tp use your transmitter with areofly, or does it come with a transmitter? ..i just ordered G3, and it sounds like i ought to send it back for the Aerofly. does anyone agree?
Old 12-10-2004, 04:55 PM
SigMan

sorry folks, the COLTS are winning the superbowl BABY ![sm=punching.gif]
Old 12-10-2004, 04:56 PM
aviti

"Stay away from St Louis food, especially the sanwiches."

See, Dion doesn't even know how to spell sandwich, how would he know what a good one was?
Old 12-10-2004, 05:36 PM
SigMan

NYC HAS SOME DARN GOOD SANDWICHS, I THINK ITS MOSTLY THE BREAD THERE THAT MAKE THE SANDWICH SO GOOD!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.