Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

What is the Best Flight Simulator

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

What is the Best Flight Simulator

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 02:51 PM
Blixsim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the Best Flight Simulator

Hi

I'm about to invest in a flight simulator for my PC. What is the ultimate simulator currently available. I've seen the Micosoft simulator and was very impressed with the graphics, very life like. I also see a lot of modellers are using the realflight simulator. Which would be the best in terms of graphics but also in terms of been true to the flight characteristics of real thing

thanks
Blixsim
Old 12-08-2004, 05:48 PM
3DMike

Default RE: What is the Best Flight Simulator

Aerofly pro delux is released in a few weeks. Aerofly pro is the best sim for flight physics currently and with the photorealistic backrounds is on a level par looks wise with reflex. Go to www.aeroflypro.com
Old 12-09-2004, 03:15 AM
Spacey

Hey Blixsim! Interesting. Hehehe

Take it from a fellow South African. Order the new AeroflyPro Deluxe from Ohio Model Products and get it over with. I do currently own Aerofly Pro which I suppose I'll just drop in the Junk Mail end of this month when my copy of AFPDeluxe gets here. Who knows I might keep my current AFP just for kicks. It's an awesome sim! Realflight has it's perks but it's not remotely in the same league as AFP with regards to physics.

Heck if AFP can teach me how to do this it must say something about it!
Right click and save as asseblief!
http://www.flybuder.com/aeroflyvids/Spacey47Yak54.wmv (5.8MB)
Old 12-09-2004, 05:20 AM
Blixsim

Thanks Guys I will investigate this.

Spacey I will open your link when I get home. 5.8mb will take a bit of time, thanks, dankie, Nkosi Sikelele
Old 12-13-2004, 12:15 AM
RickShaw739

This kind of depends on just what it is you want to do with it. Do you wish to learn to fly R/C aircraft? or do you want to use a joy stick type of controller and fly as if your in a real plane.

Both types of sims will give you the same kind of flight simulation, if you have it in the cockpit mode. As if you were looking out the front window. or some may have a chase view.

But if you do wish to learn R/C flying your going to need the R/C type of Sim. With a cable hook up to your transmitter.

I've got the first Microsoft Flight Sim 98... and at the time it was pretty cool. (which by the way I hear is worth good bucks because it has the Twin-Towers on it)...
Using a joy stick for a controller you can also get the wheel and pedals if you wish to really feel the ride and fly as if for real. I'm sure the newer versions are even much better.

But like I said if you wish to learn R/C flying your going to need G-3, or R/C-Flightmaster or something like them.

As far as I know you can't use a R/C controller with Microsoft Flight Sim...I may be wrong? Anyone have the answer to this? I just know I can't use it with MFS-98.

Oh-and "No I don't want to sell Microsoft Flight Sim 98"...I get tons of offers for it. I would think there are still millions of 98's around. Back then it was a very hot seller. And if your looking for that in the cockpit feel, MFS maybe the best way to go for you. But if you want to lean R/C go with something else.

I like R/C PlaneMaster myself...only because of the price for it and it did teach me to fly R/C.
But I'm sure G-3 is the better program in the R/C category, though I've never used it.

Best of luck and whichever one you get... you'll have fun I'm sure!
Old 12-14-2004, 10:05 AM
DuckFat

What about this: http://www.modelrectifier.com/produc...tors/index.asp

How does it compare?
Old 12-14-2004, 05:40 PM
Maudib
My Feedback: (51)

I think Reflex XTR rocks the house.... I thought it had much better physics than AFP Pro (though I haven't flown Deluxe yet) and it simply blows away G3.... not even a comparison.

I just added yet another video to my little "fan site" an indoor flight that looks like a real video... not only does it fly real, it looks so real tht it is almost as rewarding as flying the real thing. I don't get bored with it like I did with RFG2, G3 and AFP...

It's just like being there flying a real plane... I just can't put it anymore succinctly than that.

Check the vids at: http://www.renderwurx.com/rc/reflexxtr
Old 12-16-2004, 10:02 PM
Eric21

I prefer RealFlight G2, myself.. I use it everyday, and it is definatly improving my skills..I dont use it to have fun with so to speak. Its purely a training tool.. The real thing is where i have my fun!