Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

AFP radio setup problem

Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

AFP radio setup problem

Old 12-15-2004, 07:58 AM
Ragz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default AFP radio setup problem

I just installed AFP version 1.2.6 I am having a hard time setting up the futaba 9cap radio. First off, the red lines during calibration keep jumping if i touch the metal part of the radio with my fingers...very odd. If i just move the sticks without holding the radio in my hand the lines stop, but dont respond stick movements. Is there a problem with the radio???? I have been using this radio to fly jets with no problem. The connection made to the PC is on a com port using the cable supplied with the software. Also, there is no radio installed in the control panel game controller section. Is something supposed to be there as well. I use this same radio with G2 and it works perfectly. I am using the g2 cable to connect the 9cap with the AFP serial cable.
Old 12-15-2004, 08:19 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AFP radio setup problem

Make sure you install the patch. But do so after you install Disc 1 and the Expansion pack. The patch can be found [link=http://www.aeroflypro.com]here[/link]. Just look on the right side of the page.

Also try removing your Xtal or module.

See if that helps!
Old 12-15-2004, 08:55 AM
Ragz

OK, tried this and there is slight improvement. THe red bars still shake if I dont "ground the radio with my fingers" so to speak. But atleast the plane flies now. THe simulation speed is slow, although general options box says its 100%. The moment i remove my fingers from the metal portion plane goes crazy as all controls go awry. This is strange. Is it the cable or the radio or my com port?
Old 12-15-2004, 08:57 AM
Ragz

forgot to mention that the module has been OUT from the beginning and the radio is fully charged.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:17 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

When you say it's slow is that the frames per second or simulation speed? The sim runs best at 120% simulation speed under options.

Look bottom right and get FPS info and post.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:30 AM
AIRPLANENUTS
My Feedback: (2)

Ragz, I have the same problem with my 9c and AFP. If I'm not touching the tx, the plane goes haywire. I think you are correct. It is not grounding properly. Odd.
Old 12-15-2004, 12:12 PM
Ragz

hehe..this is crazy...what can be the solution?
Old 12-15-2004, 12:18 PM
sillyness
My Feedback: (25)

Connect a lightening rod to your antennae[:@]
Old 12-15-2004, 12:42 PM
Ragz

seems like there are quite a few people that are facing this problem...??????
Old 12-17-2004, 02:13 AM
Ragz

So whats the solution to this problem guys? Dont tell me we have to ground the radio each time we fly this sim? I would hate to tinker with the radio or the cable, but to make this thing work, I will give it a go. Please let me know what is to be done.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:30 PM
Free Fall

I can no longer calibrate my controls. Channel 1 (AIL) does not go all the way across the test area on the mid range set & is also lopsided on the extreme range set.

There is also a problem with the channel 3 & 4, but, not as much as channel 1.

Initially I thought I had lost my right Aileron control because I had a timer set, but, I turned that off completely & the problem remained. I also switch to a different radio & the problem is the same.

I checked the cabling by disconnecting one segment at a time & with the entire cable disconnected the end results are the same, the model spins off to the right & flips over backwards.

I rebooted my computer several times & decided I would reinstall the program tomorrow, I've had enough for today. If anyone has experienced this problem... I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance.