Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

FMS Simulator

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 02:10 PM
pc93254
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FMS Simulator

I have been trying to get to FMS Simulator customer service for two weeks. I have emailed them three times with no response. I asked for their customer service telephone number because I was having trouble putting their software on my computer. I have not gotten any reply.
This is not good business. I am writing this to warn other people that might be thinking about purchasing this product.
Old 12-20-2004, 02:44 PM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: FMS Simulator

Philip:

I moved yoour post from Product Announcement, it does not fit yhere, and put it here where it belongs.

WLR.
Old 12-20-2004, 07:17 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Philip, FMS is a free download. Where did you buy it from ?
Old 12-20-2004, 08:35 PM
Vic3D
My Feedback: (19)

You payed for it? lol check this out: http://n.ethz.ch/student/mmoeller/fms/index_e.html
Old 12-20-2004, 09:48 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Phillip you didn't pay for FMS you paid for the cable that goes with FMS. (Most likely) Let me guess ... Ebay.

Under the GPL (General Public License) FMS can be sold with hardware. Sometimes these people will go to great lengths to make you feel like you are getting a bundle deal and you are getting both for the price you pay and not just the cable.

The GPL needs to be re-written. Or else developers like the creators of FMS are just going to start offering it for $$.
Old 12-24-2004, 12:02 PM
Rat1

FMS is free to the public
No need to buy a controller and cable from places such as Toms RC either

Go to Wahlmart or a compairable store that sells computer stuff. Find an Axis dual stick game pad. It plugs into the usb port on your PC

Down load fms at the link posted by Vic3d.
Once downloaded then go to the controls button at the top of the FMS page then click on analog control , go to mapping/calibration, set the values on the left side of the box from top to bottom as 1 3 4 2, click on calibration and follow the instructions. Now you have a dual stick controller that works like a dual stick radio transmitter, left stick operates throttle and rudder and the right stick operates ailerons and elevator. Only dif is the axis game pads sticks are spring loaded and go back to center when you let go of them.

If you still can not control the model then try pushing the button that is between the sticks on the controller.

I have been using FMS for over 6 months this way and it works great.

Do a search for a user that goes my the name ggunner. He has a par editor which allows you to adjust things on different models. Such as amount of power the model has etc.
Old 12-24-2004, 01:21 PM
bigbri
My Feedback: (287)

I did the same thing as rat-1...just went a step further and took the control sticks off an old radio I use for parts and put them on the controller.....it works really, really well !