Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Just recieved G2 I have A ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Just recieved G2 I have A ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 07:07 PM
ScottGB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just recieved G2 I have A ?

Hi Guys, I have been away from RC for the last ten years. Now that my kids are getting older
I started flying my Concept 30 that I bought in 1990 agian. I recieved G2 Lite with add on 4 for X-Mas and like it vary much. The impala seems to fly just like my bird. I can fly all the Heli's on the sim in advanced mode. When I used to fly I never got into Aerobatics. But on the sim it seems pretty easy. My question is how true to life is it. And will A Concept 30 do loops and rolls.
Thanks Scott!
Old 12-28-2004, 08:12 PM
tazi9680

Default RE: Just recieved G2 I have A ?

ScottGB,

Couldn't resist replying when you said you had flown the Concept 30. I have one also, one neat little chopper in my opinion. Yes, it certainly will roll and loop.

I've been using RFG2 for the last 7 months and love it and I enjoy flying helicopters. Those on G2 are fine but about 3 weeks ago I found some that are even better that are designed for RFG2 Go to http://rcheliace.com/index.htm, then click Nitros, Helis, then Scale and download the "Vario Large Scale MD500E Turbine." This is one of the best heli's I've encountered on simulators. He has a lot of neat color schemes for it, as well as other choppers. The instructions for downloading and installing are on his first page, bottom right corner.

If you are interested in a good airport file let me know. I have one that I modified from the Abandoned Airport, no flowers, shrubs or buildings to get in your way. Just a nice place to fly. I think it is only a 600K file so I can send it as an attachment to an email.

Have fun, that's what it's all about. Happy New Year.

Tazi9680
Old 12-28-2004, 10:15 PM
ScottGB

Thanks for the reply. Yes I love my Concept 30 it flies like a dream. Have you ever had to do much maintenance to it? Do you think the Heli's in the sim act like the real ones? Also is there anywere to find out what setups the heli's have in G2? Thanks for the tips Scott!
Old 12-28-2004, 11:07 PM
tazi9680

I've had very little maintenance on my Concept 30 and it has a lot of hours on it. Yes, I think the helicopters on G2 react very much like the real thing and in my opinion a newcomer could become very proficient at hovering and flying a heli with it.
On Real Flight G2 the setup on planes and heli's can be changed in many ways but I don't think that feature is available on G2 Lite. Take a look at this URL: http://www.towerhobbies.com/products...pmz4203_b.html
You might try installing the heli I told you about. It flew right off the board with no adjustments whatsoever, just a slight bit of right on the tail rotor trim. Good luck. Tazi
Old 12-29-2004, 06:09 AM
ScottGB

Hey, Tazi thanks for your time. I know I can't change my setup's but is there anyway to find out how the plane and Helis are allready setup in G2 Lite? Thanks Scott! Happy New Year!
Old 12-29-2004, 06:39 AM
tazi9680

I'm sorry Scott, since I don't have G2 Lite I know little about it. In G2 you make a copy of the plane and then pull up the edit pages and you are able change almost anything. A lot of people follow these forums so there is a good chance someone with G2 Lite will see this and maybe be able to help. You also might try the KnifeEdge forum. If that doesn't work contact Real Flight support by email or phone. I wish you well. Happy New Year. Tazi