Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

XTR and The wall "It's a good thing"

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

XTR and The wall "It's a good thing"

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 05:52 PM
Jigley3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XTR and The wall "It's a good thing"

XTR and the WALL.
It seems lots of people have an issue with the wall (no fly zone) in XTR . I find it to be just one more challenge that the sim offers. To me it is like the old “adage when life deals you lemons, make lemonade”. The wall is for me an item that will make me a better pilot in that it gives you an opportunity to fly a very precise line along its edge. You can, it seems fly with a wing tip in the wall without it stopping the sim. Take for example the M.G.F. Hiest Scenery. You can land your airplane on the taxiway parallel to the runway behind the pilot station between the “Wall” and the tall grass that defines the taxiway. This maneuver will impress the gent that is leaning against the fence.
At this same field you can land behind the “Wall” perpendicular to the runway by flying around the left end of the “Wall” and taking a very long U shaped course and set up to land between the benches right behind yourself. You can park your pride and joy right on those patio stones and cause just a bit of commotion in the pits.
I suggest you treat the wall as a puzzle and have some fun with it. ….. bert
Old 01-18-2005, 06:10 PM
Jigley3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: XTR and The wall "It's a good thing"

My apologies. In my last post I confused two different flying sites. At M.G.F. Hiest Scenery you can lad perpendicular to the runway. And at Borstel Hohenraden
you can land parallel to the runway.
bert
Old 01-20-2005, 08:12 PM
thejetgod
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: XTR and The wall "It's a good thing"

That's very interesting! I'll have to check that out. Thanks for the tip!