Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

AFPD and XTR tech questions

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

AFPD and XTR tech questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 02:03 PM
sandal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AFPD and XTR tech questions

I'm going to buy a new simulator tomorrow. G2 and FMS are going on holiday. They taught me how to fly helicopters, and I think they deserve some time off. My new simulator will be either AFPD or XTR, and I am NOT going to ask you which one to buy, because there are so many threads on that topic already.

But there are a few things I'd like to know about the simulators before I decide which one to buy. And this is where I need your help.

1. XTR: Can landing gear, flaps etc be mapped to a KEY or does it have to be a CHANNEL? I am planning to use my Flash 5X with the sim. In G2 I used the keys H, J, K and L for flaps, gear, idle up, throttle hold and dual rates, and something similar would be nice. The most important thing is that these functions are accessible with the 5-channel radio connected.

2. XTR: I can't find any info on the aircraft in XTR. A list of default aircraft would be great, but I haven't found it anywhere on the web. (That probably says more about me than about the simulator...)

3. XTR: Is it true that control inputs slow down when the aircraft is far away?

4. XTR: Is it true that the sounds are "synthetic" (non-realistic)? Are AFPD sounds more realistic?

5. AFPD: Does AFPD come with both concrete and grass runways in the photorealistic sceneries?
Old 01-21-2005, 03:00 PM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

Default RE: AFPD and XTR tech questions

After tying both I will attempt to answer your questions... for a fee of 5 dollars that you must send me by paypal, remember information is not free!
Anyway here we go:
1. No, patch 5.012 is supposed to give you that option but it is coming out in a month, the latest patch lets you set expo and reverse, AFPD has more options for controllers. Reflex xtr does not support any other usb input then the interface.

2. It has about 12 aircraft form Kysho at-texan, trainer, flip3d e.t.c. , 4 Katanas, an old broken @$$ plane called belriot, and about 15 Helicopters.
However, all the planes from RC-SIM.de work and look really good, so you will have plenty of planes

3. No, that is false, where did you hear this btw?

4. The sound is the same, AFPD probably has better sounding engines and it has musics

5. AFPD comes with both, however the planes behave the same way on take off/landings from grass or concreate. IN Reflex the OFFCIAL sceneries concreate/wood are smooth where as on grass your plane will be very wobbly

I had both afpd and relfex xtr, now I only have reflex xtr because I like the physics better

(pm me for my paypal, you offcially agreed to payme if you read up to this point )

the paypal thing is a joke btw, lol
Old 01-21-2005, 03:11 PM
aviti
My Feedback: (54)

"5. AFPD comes with both, however the planes behave the same way on take off/landings from grass or concreate. IN Reflex the OFFCIAL sceneries concreate/wood are smooth where as on grass your plane will be very wobbly"

Alkaline - I don't think you have tried the photo sceneries in AFPD....they too are smooth on the runway and wobbly on the grass. You can adjust how wobbly the grass is too.

Looks like you owe the orifginal poster some money back for incorrect info.
Old 01-21-2005, 03:15 PM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

No,
I stand behind what I said.
the airport scenery in AFPD, I wondered off the concreat into grass yet my plane still ran the way it did on the concreate, the only time it messed up is when I hit the tall grass.
in reflex, even if you hit a small rock on the runway your plane bounces.[:-][X(]
Old 01-21-2005, 03:30 PM
aviti

Well you are wrong, there is even a video of it on OMP's site. Its at www.aeroflypro.com and it is new video #7 entitle ground handling. Take a look.
Old 01-21-2005, 03:35 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Sorry Alkaline, Aviti is correct. That video clearly shows it distinguishes between concrete/asphalt and grass.

I can even make a longer video if you would like to see it.

Even when you transverse from asphalt to grass or vice verse it has that little extra bump that you get when your at the field.
Old 01-21-2005, 03:50 PM
sandal

RCU never fails. Within a few minutes someone has offered their help. Thank you.

1. IOW, If I use my Futaba 9C I will have access to flaps/thr. hold/gear etc, but not more than one function (channel 5) if I use my Flash 5X...?

3. Post #19: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_22...tm.htm#2223716

The future takes VISA.
Old 01-22-2005, 01:23 PM
Richard L.
My Feedback: (24)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Alkaline

No,
I stand behind what I said.
the airport scenery in AFPD, I wondered off the concreat into grass yet my plane still ran the way it did on the concreate, the only time it messed up is when I hit the tall grass.
My plane is wobbly on grass and you can see the oleo struts working.
Old 01-22-2005, 02:06 PM
aviti

Alkaline seems to have an agenda. It's one thing to give your preference in flight simulators or state factual information regarding features. But he continues to say things that are factually untrue. He has yet to admit on this post that he was wrong.

I have tried both AFPD and Reflex and being a 3D airplane guy, my opinion is that AFPD is a better learning tool than Reflex. The helicopter guys seem to favor Reflex and I am not a good heli pilot so I can't comment.

My only agenda in talking positive about AFPD is that it REALLY helped me learn the 3D moves (G2 helped a little but was limiting). A few of the planes on AFPD are floaty, but that is what makes it easier to learn 3D with. Once you get the moves down, either speed up the sim, add some wind and turbulance, change the parameters of the plane, or even change to a different plane. If you want to learn 3D, get AFPD or both sims if you can't decide. But if you only get one sim for 3D aiplane flying, get AFPD.
Old 01-22-2005, 02:12 PM
Richard L.
My Feedback: (24)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I totally agreed with you here.
Old 01-22-2005, 04:41 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Here is a video clearly showing the mapping of the asphalt and grass and how the plane reacts to it on each surface.

Sorry Alkaline, nothing against you or anything I just like to make sure potential customers have the proper information and in true colors.

[link=http://www.flybuder.com/aeroflyvids/groundhandle.wmv]Click here to see[/link] new AFPD ground handling video.