Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Replacement USB/Trans being sent out !!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Replacement USB/Trans being sent out !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 12:11 PM
RatherBFlyN RC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement USB/Trans being sent out !!!!

I have good news to report to all of you having the same problems I have had with the AFPD USB to Transmitter connectors.

This morning I talked with Mike Fontanini at Ikarus USA (230)690-0003 and he said that everyone like myself that had sent in defective connectors for replacement the new connectors had came in from Germany and were sent out Monday the 7th to all of us.

When I asked him if he did as I requested in a note to check one of the new ones with a JR Transmitter just to make sure the new batch truly solved our problem, he said he just didn't have the time and sent them out anyway.

Let's just hope and pray they work!!!! I'll let you know how mine does when I get it. Jim
Old 02-09-2005, 01:38 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Replacement USB/Trans being sent out !!!!

JIM: What JR TX models are you talking about...or is it all JR Radios in general? Thanks
Old 02-09-2005, 02:25 PM
Don Presten

Another question about the "new" cables - is there any way to check if the batch of AFPD interface versions recevied by OMP earlier this week include the "old" cables or the "new" cables?
Old 02-09-2005, 04:15 PM
crowfly

I'm glad they're in. They've had my cable since the end of December!!!!!!!!!!!
Crowfly
Old 02-10-2005, 10:44 AM
RatherBFlyN RC

Here's a follow up to all of your questions above.

(Capt John) I had tried both of my JR transmitters XP8103 and XP9303 with no response to the connectors. That's in conjunction with using the OMP JR micro adapter (Don Preston) which I also purchase thinking it would solve my problems; which it didn't. (Crowfly) please let me know if yours works as soon as it comes in; mine is still "in the mail".

I hope this helps you guys. This has been extremely frustrating for me!!! Jim
Old 02-10-2005, 01:15 PM
captinjohn

Mine works so far. I am using a JR X347 and a JR Circus 6. I wish I knew how these mini plugs work. The jack on/in transmitter may be a on and off switch as well. I do not turn on the radio at all when connected to sim. I have taken the modual out of the back of the X347 and then the battery will last a lot longer. I do not like unpluging it everytime....I do not want to wear out the connector. Most the time I leave modual in. Its good to recycle the battery anyway. Mayby Danny on the JR site may know whts best to do. Good Luck Capt,n
Old 02-10-2005, 05:08 PM
GBR2
My Feedback: (1)

The transmitter should not transmit when you plug into the trainer jack. So you shouldn't have to remove the module. If you want to assure yourself, turn on a model and make sure it isn't reacting.
Old 02-11-2005, 03:31 PM
RatherBFlyN RC

IT FINALLY WORKS!!!!!!

It turns out that the USB/Transmitter cable was in deed bad, which Ikarus replaced at no charge. I hope anyone with similar problems will see my postings and save yourself the trouble and time I did.

Thanks to all of you along the way that tried to assist me. I really appreciated your inputs!!!!

Jim
Old 02-11-2005, 08:16 PM
captinjohn

Can you post a photo of the new cable? Want to see what the jack looks like. Thanks Capt,n