Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

How to connect G2 multiplayer with ADSL?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

How to connect G2 multiplayer with ADSL?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2002, 04:36 AM
longjianke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to connect G2 multiplayer with ADSL?

G2 multiplay can use modem only?
Old 09-15-2002, 11:35 AM
Cougar-RCU
My Feedback: (2)

Default longjianke

Nope , You can use it with cable Or DSL, I just went through
this for the past 3 months. I could NOT get on at all.. I Finley figured it out tho.. I had to have my DSL provider give me a LIVE ISP
When your on DSL you have a private ISP number.. It will NOT
work with a private ISP DSL number. I had to Pay Extra to make my DSL LIVE so the outside word could see me. And bounce back the G2 Players to my system!.. Anyways! thats all it was. I thought It might have been my Linksys Router All that time and
It wasn't! So NO your NOT going Crasy! *LOL*
Good Luck!
Jeff
Old 09-15-2002, 12:55 PM
GooberVA

Default How to connect G2 multiplayer with ADSL?

I have verizon adsl and I dont' have any problems connecting. I didn't do anything special nor have to ask my adsl provider for anything else.

The terms Cougar is using seem a bit strange to me. I'm not sure if he is talking about static versus dynamic IP numbers, or something else.

As I said above, I don't have any problems connecting to other multiplayer sessions. Besides adsl, I am going through a linux firewall (which would be similiar to Cougar's router) , and I have not opened up any other ports specifically for G2.

Hosting would be another story. I breifly tried to host yesterday, but my windows machine wanted to announce my local lan IP address insead of internet IP address. I didn't bother to try and figure out, but might someday.

Are you actually having problems connecting, or just inquiring? If you are having problems, what are the symptoms? Do you get some message back from G2 indicating a problem?