Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

AFP graphics problem

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

AFP graphics problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 01:54 PM
beavertail

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AFP graphics problem

WHen I tried to install a new grapgics card, It says I dont have the correct graphics adapter, Any ideas ??
Im stumped, And I want to use this sim sooo bad
Old 05-08-2005, 11:29 PM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

Default RE: AFP graphics problem

Beeavertail,
A little more info would be helpful. Such as, previous type of card and the new one you are trying to install, as well as processor and operating system. Also, is this message coming up on the screen before the operating system initializes(boot screen) or is the operating system giving you this info?

Marty
Old 05-09-2005, 08:28 AM
beavertail

Ok, Sorry, I didnt have a card before, just the graphics software on the motherboard. It is the install disk message. I have an intel celeron 2.4 Ghz 256 ram. I built the system from a barebones system. The card is a 256 PNY G- force
Old 05-09-2005, 08:46 AM
afterburner

Ok. The first question would be, have you disabled the onboard graphics in the setup/BIOS? Also, is the card you are installing an AGP or PCIexpress? You also say that the install disk is giving you this message. I assume this is the disk that came with your new card? You're getting the screen to come up from the new card when you get this message? Is the operating system booting up normally or at a minimum resolution? If you are able to boot up and have a broadband connection, you may want to go to PNY's site or Nvidea's and download the latest drivers for your card and see if that will run the install correctly.

Again, the more info, the better chance I or someone else reading this thread can help you get up and running. Good luck.

Marty
Old 05-09-2005, 12:20 PM
beavertail

It is AGP and I did disable the onboard graphics in the BIOS screen. Everything seems to boot up fine.

Forgive my computer lingo, Alot of this stuff is fairly new to me.

Thanks alot for responding.
Joey
Old 05-09-2005, 01:22 PM
afterburner

So everything seems to run fine with the new card installed but when you try to install the software/drivers for the card, you get the message that you don't have the correct graphics adapter installed? If that's the case there are some more things to try. If you have'nt already, you might check the installation instructions that came with the card. Some are very specific about the order in which you install the physical card and the software. You can also remove the card in device manager in the control panel and reboot. Let Windows( I'm assuming your using Windows) automatically see the card again and let it check the graphics card disc and install the drivers. Then you might try to install the rest of the software. Many times just changing the sequence of adding hardware and the associated software can solve problems. Again, try and download the latest update for your card and see if the installation instructions give you a specific installation sequence. Hope any of this helps.

Marty
Old 05-10-2005, 01:36 PM
beavertail

Ok, Ill keep trying, Thanks alot for your insight. \

Joey