Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

3d in G2

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 02:56 PM
Pilot Chad
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3d in G2

I have tried 3d in G2 with the 3d extras, sukhois, and still can't get it. Is it possible? I just want to hover. Are there any setting i can change to make it easier?
Old 06-02-2005, 12:51 PM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 3d in G2

It is possible. If you are using the stock settings on the planes then you need to edit them. Change throws and CG. Move the CG back and increase the throws. It helps if you have a plane that you can get for G2. The speed of your processor, and video card also makes a huge difference.

As an example there is a CG Ultimate that you can download for it that is based on the Ultimate in one of the add-ons. The downloaded plane looks exactly like the one from the add-on but it's throws and CG are set differently. I could 3D that plane all day long. Then I could go to the field and do the real one.

When I made my changes on the downloaded plane I wanted it to better match my real plane so I listed every measurement that can be changed in G2, went to the plane and got them, then came back and reset the plane in G2 to match. This took the better part of half a day as it is a lot of work and if you do not know how to take the measurement then you will need to learn how. G2's help system can help you there.

Like the really R/C airplane, you must tune the plane/G2 to handle 3D...
Old 06-02-2005, 01:00 PM
Pilot Chad
My Feedback: (4)

Thanks bubba. What will be the best one to try with? I have add on pack 1 and 3 installed and do not have the others.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:40 PM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chad,

I haven't used G2 in over a year. I do not remember what planes it comes with let alone what planes are in those add-ons.

Sorry
Old 07-21-2005, 10:37 AM
DT56
My Feedback: (18)

I modify included aircraft to match wingloading, control surface size / travel, and power of some of the most popular 3D aircraft. These fly very well with the exception of a stationary hover. They will always torque roll in the hover. An increase in aileron size / travel has no obvious effect on the torque roll. A positive side of this is you become accomplished at torque rolling, which is a more advanced maneuver than a stationary hover!!! You may also find it helpful to modify airfoil of wing to a thicker section to reduce tip stalling in high G maneuvers. Just as in real life, the larger size aircraft are better in 3D, so you could scale up one of the existing models to match the characteristics of a larger aircraft. While you're at it, try a profile fuselage and moving the wings / stab around.

Good luck!
DT56