Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Problem with G2.

Old 07-16-2005, 04:21 PM
odysseus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with G2.

While flying, my controller(older style serial port used with a usb adapter) loses it's calibration. I re-calibrate the controller which allows it to work normally for a minute or two, then it begins to lose calibration again. If I add some trim, it corrects the problem for a short while, but is just delaying the inevitable. I've tried calibrating the controller in both realflight and in the device manager. I have tried unistalling/ re-installing G2, but nothing has helped. I can't get through a single flight without having to calibrate the controller, and sometimes the calibration doesn't help. Any idea what could be causing this? I'm using Windows XP Professional.
Old 07-17-2005, 07:39 AM
cfossa
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Problem with G2.

What USB adapter are you using? I use one from Radio Shack ... it seems to drift a bit (i.e. the plane needs trimming occasionally) but not as severe as you describe.

Carl
Old 07-17-2005, 10:51 AM
odysseus

Default RE: Problem with G2.

It's the one from Radio Shack. It never gave me a problem when I was running on my old computer. It is the only thing I'm having a problem getting to work on my new one. I was wondering if it's because I'm using a USB adapter, period. I would like to find a USB controller to try, but I can't find one for sale anywhere. If worse comes to worse, maybe it's time to move on to one of the new sims...G3 or Reflex. It's funny, G2 worked well on my old computer, which just barely met the requirements, now I have one that is more than I need, and G2 doesn't like it.