Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Reflex drivers

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 03:22 PM
RicPall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reflex drivers

Hi folks,

I had just installed Reflex and is great but it can't recognize my video accelerator driver. When I open that window it shows me that is using the Microsoft Direct 3D HAL instead of my hardware's drive. Is that normal?

My video card is a GeForce 2 - PRO 64 Megs from Realtek and I'm using the latest supported driver from NVidia, the 71.86 (I guess). Despite the reasonable performance (about 21 fps) I guess it could be very improved if the right drive is in action. What do you guys think?

I did all the tests and everything tells me that the drives is correctly installed.

Regards

Ricardo
Old 07-22-2005, 04:38 AM
Charlie

Default RE: Reflex drivers

That's a pretty good frame rate for the video card your using, I don't think your going to get it any better then that without getting a new video card.
Old 07-22-2005, 05:00 AM
KurtHuebener

3d HAL is correct. Reflex interfaces with DirectX 8.1 (and DirectX interfac es with your video card driver) and 3D HAL is what it's talking to. In order to improve the FPS please either lower the scenery resolution (SCENERY menue) or go to your driver settings. In the 3D section, you will find a slider ranging from OPTIMUM PERFORMANCE to OPTIMUM QUALITY. Please set the slider to OPTIMUM PERFORMANCE.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:50 AM
RicPall

Charlie, my video card is not the only device that need to be upgraded. I have a PIII 1.0 gHz coppermine with 512 Mbytes PC133 RAM. My guess is that is time to a major upgrade but I'm still amazed with my 4 years old computer's performance.

KurtHuebener, if I slide to OPTIMUM PERFORMANCE in driver setting do you think I will notice a huge drop in quality?

BTW. My video card brand is Leadtek...

Thank you guys for your answers.

Ricardo
Old 07-24-2005, 08:36 AM
KurtHuebener

QUALITY setting in your driver refer to some features in DX8.1 which are not needed in Reflex. You won't see a drop of quality.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:01 PM
RicPall

Hey KurtHuebener,

I slide it down to OPTIMUM PERFORMANCE and nothing happened. Nor FPS raised nor quality dropped.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:39 PM
KurtHuebener

Please START - RUN - type DXDIAG and press ENTER. Let it finish the job and press SAFE RESULTS AS. Open the results in notepad and copy all results till SOUND DEVICE (excluding). Please post the results here.