Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Reflex XTR and Dragonfly #4 Walkera Transmitter

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Reflex XTR and Dragonfly #4 Walkera Transmitter

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 02:46 PM
menardsy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reflex XTR and Dragonfly #4 Walkera Transmitter

Hi,

I am thinking about buying a Walkera Dragonfly #4 helicopter. I was wondering if the Walkera 4CH transmitter works with Reflex XTR? I know it is working with FMS, but FMS seems less realistic for practicing.

Sylvain

Old 08-15-2005, 02:56 PM
KurtHuebener

Default RE: Reflex XTR and Dragonfly #4 Walkera Transmitter

I get lost with the typing of this helicopter. Is it the fixed pitch version without transmitter mixing? If yes, it will work with the Reflex. See the homepage at www.reflex-sim.de and search in solutions for eSky/honey bee.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:00 PM
menardsy

In fact, it is this model : [link=http://www.rc-expert.com/product.php?pid=61]Dragonfly #4[/link]. It is the fix pitch version. I also hesitate between the Dragonfly 22E version [link=http://www.rc-expert.com/product.php?pid=111]Dragonfly 22E[/link]. I wonder if the transmitter is compatible with sim like FMS (rc-expert did not guarantied me that it would work).
ORIGINAL: KurtHuebener

I get lost with the typing of this helicopter. Is it the fixed pitch version without transmitter mixing? If yes, it will work with the Reflex. See the homepage at www.reflex-sim.de and search in solutions for eSky/honey bee.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:24 PM
KurtHuebener

That will work. Just make sure you order the suitable cable. What does the socket look like? Forget the cable supplied with the radio. That works with FMS and similar only. The Reflex comes with a USB interface and cable to suit your radio.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:47 PM
menardsy

I do not know what the socket looks like since I have not purchased it yet. I only know it is a Walkera transmitter and I think the cable that comes with it is a serial cable. I have read about Ppjoy that convert the serial signal into an emulated joystick. Would it be enough to make it work with Reflex or do I need to do some electronics?

ORIGINAL: KurtHuebener

That will work. Just make sure you order the suitable cable. What does the socket look like? Forget the cable supplied with the radio. That works with FMS and similar only. The Reflex comes with a USB interface and cable to suit your radio.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:28 AM
KurtHuebener

As I said: "Forget the cable supplied with the radio. That works with FMS and similar only." The serial cable translates the signal to be recognised as a joystick. Reflex doesn't read joystick signals but has it's own interface that does a signal coding and processing in the Reflex way. It works as a copy protection.

If you want to use the serial cable, google for FMS and use that simulator. It's free so there is no extra money involved. There are a few others that can be used as well.