Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Aerofly Professional, an excellent jet and TOC aerobatic sim!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Aerofly Professional, an excellent jet and TOC aerobatic sim!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2002, 01:55 PM
Dustflyer
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Aerofly Professional, an excellent jet and TOC aerobatic sim!

Just wanted to pass this on. For some time I have been using the Aerofly Professional on my Dell 8100 Inspiron notebook (Pentium 3 and Nvidia GForce.)

It is an excellent and inexpensive simulator that works with your existing transmitter. You can also buy a transmitter box with it if you choose but you will need a desk-top computer with a game port. The tx interface version uses, believe it or not, a serial port.

The sim has an excellent F-16. Now, I do not fly any model F-16's so I am not sure if any of them use flaps, but this one has none. While I obviously cannot comment on it's flight characteristics vs the popular F-16 models out there, I can tell you that, not having flaps, it flies amazingly like my HotSpot! (see avatar)

The stall characteristics are obviously different, but the speed envelope and slow speed characteristics are strikingly similar. It requires the same nose-high slow flight to setup for landing and nearly the same pitch/power management on approach.

If you happen to enjoy giant scale, the included TOC Giles is absolutely sensational. If you want to practice your hovering and free-style this is the model to do it with.

The only drawback to the sim that I have uncovered so far is that I cannot seem to set up dual rates through my tx. I would think it should work but maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I am not the most sophisticated computer/sim person nor model jet flyer for that matter so there may be other issues I am not qualified to comment on. I have no experience with G2 so I can't offer a comparison with it.

As I recall the interface version which uses your existing transmitter is about $150 with all the cables. It is marketed through Ikarus and has been advertised in most of the magazines lately.
Old 10-25-2002, 02:10 PM
ThomasK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerofly Professional, an excellent jet and TOC aerobatic sim!

Hi Dustflyer!

Maybe you make a mistake in callibrating your transmitter. You have to callibrate your RC with the large throws activatet, otherwise DR will not work. This and the F-16-Topic I covererd here:
other Fred

Concerning AFP, I wanna say you are absolutely right. I have AFP and G2 as well, the first one is far superior in terms of simulatio-model.

greetings
thomasKK
Old 10-25-2002, 02:28 PM
Dustflyer
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dual rates

Ah, that's what I did wrong!

Thanks for the great tip!
Old 10-25-2002, 04:59 PM
pelone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts