Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Voice application with G3

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Voice application with G3

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 11:53 PM
Septic_Shock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Voice application with G3

While flying in a multiplayer session in G3, I was thinking...has anyone tried using one of the 3rd party voice applets with G3? The guy I was talking to suggested TeamSpeak or Ventrilo. I think I might try one.

For anyone who is not familiar with these applications, they basically allow you to chat via microphone/headphones with all of the other participants that have the application.

TeamSpeak seems to give better quality, while I think Ventrilo uses less bandwidth.

Thoughts? Comments? Recommendations?
Old 09-04-2005, 04:33 PM
Gatorboy08

Default RE: Voice application with G3

thats a pretty good idea cause i dont like to type while flying or sitting on the ground typing
Old 09-04-2005, 08:54 PM
slopilot

When I used to fly multiplayer on MS FlightSim '98 and 2000, we used an application called Roger Wilco. It's probably still out there.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:48 PM
crashntrash

Septic Shock - I think I'm the guy that mentioned that to you. My son has been playing a game developed by the army called America's Army for a couple of years now. It's a big deal. He plays on a team of folks that use TeamSpeak and Ventrilo to talk to one another while playing the game. The game is very graphics intensive. It's the best online game I've ever seen...and it's free!

Anyway, I don't know how the voice apps work, I just know that if they work with AA, they should work with G3. I'd love to try it if any of you have either program. They are also ree downloads. Post here if you want to experiment with this. I can get more info if you like.

crashntrash
Old 09-07-2005, 10:43 PM
Septic_Shock

Hey, how's it going crash? Okay, I've installed the Ventrilo client. From what I understand (and please, anyone feel free to correct me), one person needs to run the server app (which I was able to install and get going). Anyone else can connect to the server by typing in the host server's IP.

So in short, I think that you can just download and install just the client, and as long as I'm running the server in background and give whom ever the IP, I think it will work.

Although, I haven't had much time with G3 lately, I'm currently covering my LT-40 (oh yeah!)

Talk to you later!
Old 09-11-2005, 11:42 PM
crashntrash

That's great Septic Shock. Thanks for working to host. I have the program installed, so just IM me or email me, or better yet, post the server info here and we'll try it out. Ventrilo (vent for short) works well. My son says TeamSpeak works better, but let's try vent since that's what you have and can host. I'd love for many of the regular online players to pick up on this. Sure beats typing while trying to fly!!

[email protected] yahoo messenger and email
[email protected] msn messenger and email