Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Ikarus or Real Flight

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Ikarus or Real Flight

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 09:56 AM
wsn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ikarus or Real Flight

Also a good source for model tips and tricks for VARIOUS sims:

RC-Sim

Most of the stuff is in german but just contact the admins, they are pretty good in english and have real deep knowledge about a lot of products in that section. This is a private non-profit site.

Cheers - wolfgang
Old 05-28-2003, 04:56 PM
jonlowe
My Feedback: (12)

Does Aerofly have a specific training mode for Torque rolls? There is another German sim, Reflex, that lets you start by controlling one axis at a time, and the sim does the rest. You then add axes as you get comfortable.

Thanks.

Jon Lowe
Old 05-29-2003, 12:10 AM
santi
My Feedback: (32)

Thanks rajul for the website. How do you get the files to download onto you computer. Do you have to unzip it or something? If so my computer doesnt do that is there another way? Thanks for all your help

Santi
Old 05-29-2003, 04:18 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi santi, you can download the file into the aircraft or scenery directory of the AFP program. There's a great forum for AFP here http://www.aerofly.de/ where you can actually get help directly from the developers if you have any questions at all.
Old 05-30-2003, 11:10 AM
CrashHelmet

Default So.... on AFP vs G2

I have the G2 on the way, do you think it will be of any benefit to a beginner or is it so unrealistic that its inadequate to prepare anyone for real flight? I really don't need another "game" for the PC. I was really hoping this would be a good "training" option.
Old 05-30-2003, 11:30 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi crashelmet, the RFG2 is a great sim and you'll benefit a lot whether you're a beginner or pro. It has a wider selection of popular planes in the US compared to AFP. Each has its own pros and cons. Enjoy !
Old 06-02-2003, 10:21 PM
BFedRec

seanychen did you ever get the Game Commander? do you still have it? I've got a game commander joystick from the Ikarus Easyfly sim and I'm wondering if it will work with Aerofly Pro if I get it (hate to spend the extra for the same controller I already have)... I would think it would be a little different as I think my game commander only has one button.

CharlesP
Old 06-02-2003, 10:39 PM
hroachen

Default Re: So.... on AFP vs G2

Originally posted by CrashHelmet
I have the G2 on the way, do you think it will be of any benefit to a beginner or is it so unrealistic that its inadequate to prepare anyone for real flight? I really don't need another "game" for the PC. I was really hoping this would be a good "training" option.
I think G2 can be a BIG help to the beginner. I loaned my G2 to a buddy who was getting ready to purchase his first R/C trainer. I modified one of the G2 planes to handle similar to an Avistar, and turned him loose with it. He flew G2 for a couple of weeks until he finally had his Avistar together and everything installed. The first day out with the buddy box he flew nearly the entire flight without my assistance (I did briefly take command once when he was approaching too close to the flight line)

He also managed to land successfully on this first flight, right on the runway (quite a few of the regulars at this particular field miss the runway on most of their landings.) He did bounce the landing, but no damage other than a nicked prop.

I don't think G2 will teach you everything, but I'm convinced it will save you some crashes...

The only problem my friend was having with his Avistar was flying a designated flight pattern. I had him fly some rectangular traffic patterns which he managed, but figure eights were giving him fits. He'd get the plane around, but the path was nowhere near where it should have been. I'm pretty sure he spent most of the time on G2 just flying aimlessly around and shooting landings. He does both of these well with his Avistar, but it's a lot harder to follow a plan than to just fly around. He's got my G2 back at his house, and now he's practicing traffic patterns and figure eights. I have no doubt he'll have little or no problem with them next weekend.

David
Old 06-05-2003, 02:25 AM
MT-Tank

Back to the original question: Which is better?

I want to limit myself to Parkflyers and Slow-flyers, electric only. Have flown Pico-stick, MegaTech Merlin, Firebat (briefly) and just bought a Zagi 400.
I have Cockpit Master Backyard Edition flight sim with buddy cord for my radio and want something better. 'Backyard' helped me practice initially but I want better sim of flight dynamics and better graphics.
Which would be better for me, G2 or AFP?

PGM
Old 06-06-2003, 03:47 AM
Greyhawk

I received AFP last week. After some problems with the Game Commander / Radio Shack interface i opted to use my JR 631 TX. Works like a charm!

I also have Real Flight software, and like this M U C H better. The flight physics are very close to reality. My mistakes are forgiven on the RF sim whereas the Aerofly requires more precise inputs...less forgiving. I like it.
Old 11-20-2003, 08:44 AM
sputknik

Default RE: So.... on AFP vs G2

I got the afp 2 weeks ago-----didn't go wrong.Also got the expansion pack of an ftp site,works great.Removed the transmit module from my futaba 7uap and the battery lasts for about 25 hours on one charge.Like for them to add the option of controlling one axis while program does rest.Had to do it by trial/error more error.I guess its the only way to learn 3d is the hard way,better than loosing a 1000 planes.