Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Reflex Interface--Help Wanted

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Reflex Interface--Help Wanted

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 04:18 AM
Dre
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Reflex Interface--Help Wanted

Had Reflex for about 1 year, worked fine, but it looks like the USB interface has failed as I am now getting "Reflex Interface is not responding please check your hardware installation" when I start the simulation. Problem seems similar to what others have reported on RCU.

The computer recognizes the Reflex USB device (I can specifically see the Reflex USB device on my computer hardware list), so I think the hardware install is OK, but I am little confused about whether the right driver is there. Here's why: In the Reflex help section there is a discussion on USB interface problems that implies there should be a driver by the name of Reflex.inf in the Reflex programs files and this driver should be used with the Reflex USB device. I have no such driver in my Reflex program files (did a reinstall just in case).

Any insight or help on this matter would be appreciated.

Regards,

Dre
Old 10-08-2005, 07:10 AM
KurtHuebener

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Reflex Interface--Help Wanted

If that happens "all of a sudden", please check if you added another USB device lately. Remove the later USB devices and check if it works. Reflex normally needs no specific driver as it complies with the regular windows HID standard. You only need a specific driver if f.e. a Microsoft sidewinder joystick modifies the HID driver.

Furthermore:

Did you (or a windows update) change the energy settings for USB?
Did you try another USB port? The cases discussed here normally refer to front side and rear proprietary USB. Try the rear WITHOUT a hub.

If all doesn't work consider sending it to MRC for warranty exchange. Maybe there is something broken inside. Normally the Reflex USB interface is pretty easy to handle.