Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Why Fancy Graphics?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2002, 04:58 PM
Dsegal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why Fancy Graphics?

I have experience only with visually simple flight simulators- Aerochopper (don't ask!) and Dave Brown's RCFS. After reading messages here I have visited the web sites of various sim makers and looked at the sample screen images. What I see is photo-like realism intended for computer game players. They show off viewpoints that are suitable for aerial combat and other games but seem inappropriate for learning to improve RC skills.

The only viewpoint that should matter is normal eye level from the flight line. When I fly at the field nothing in the background matters until it is time for me to land and clear the local treeline barrier. So why pay for the fancy hardware to run a simulator that does not seem to replicate the real field experience? Am I missing something?

Dave Segal
Old 11-08-2002, 07:36 PM
Jaymom

I have Microsoft's Flightsim 95, 98, 2000 and 2002 and all of them allow you to fly from one spot just as you would fly at the field. If you let it fly away from you too long you have lost it. Takeoff and land , fly around the field, do loops, rolls, everything you could possibly do at the field. When I get tired of the planes that came with the program I simply go to WWW.Flightsim.com and download a few more. Its all free.
Old 11-08-2002, 09:30 PM
glowplug
My Feedback: (1)

What I see is photo-like realism intended for computer game players. They show off viewpoints that are suitable for aerial combat and other games but seem inappropriate for learning to improve RC skills.

because it's much easier to mid-air your buddy on G2 mulitplayer from behind your own plane..........he he he
Old 11-08-2002, 10:40 PM
Jaymom

Glowplug, Dsegal...... find someone that owns a copy of Flightsim 2002 and watch him fly one of the planes from inside the cockpit, on the ground from the end of the runway, off to the side of the runway and a few more positions. Do touch and go's from a extremely realistic airfield. Believe me, I didn't lie to you in my last post.