Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

AFPD - Does it have a NextSTAR?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

AFPD - Does it have a NextSTAR?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 11:52 PM
rfaster
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AFPD - Does it have a NextSTAR?

I just got AFPD and am looking for a plane that is close to or the same as the NextSTAR - I was not able to find the plane in the default install. Does anyone know where I can DL this plane or what adjustments I would make to a trainer already in AFPD to simulate the NextSTAR?
Old 11-22-2005, 02:34 AM
rc-rodeo

Default RE: AFPD - Does it have a NextSTAR?

Hi,

try one of these, they should fly very similar:

http://www.rodeo.rc-sim.de/afprodeluxe/Trainer60.zip
http://www.rodeo.rc-sim.de/afprodeluxe/trainer60HW.exe

Regards
Karl-Heinz (Rodeo)
www.rodeo.onlinehome.de
Attached Images  
Old 11-22-2005, 11:40 PM
rfaster

Thanks - I gave these a try and found them pretty easy to fly/fun to fly. Although I thought the engine in the NextStar was quite a bit more powerfull - like the PT(think 60) in AFPD the yellow one...
Old 11-23-2005, 03:15 AM
rc-rodeo

Hi,

actually these trainers fly that easy.
But take into account, this is said by an average pilot over many years, it might be very different for a beginner.

I strongly suggest, to add some weather data even for calm conditions:
Wind 1.2 meters/s
Turbulence 0.9 meters/s
Thermic uplift 1.5 meters/s
radio reliability 98%

The power of the engine can be easily adjusted in the AFPD model editor.

Regards
Karl-Heinz (Rodeo)
www.rodeo.onlinehome.de
Old 11-26-2005, 01:19 AM
rfaster

Good info - I did exactally that and found that it made it a bit more interesting... I'm back to the point that I can fly the trainers every which way - hope it translates to a good first flight with my instructor next week!
ORIGINAL: rc-rodeo

Hi,

actually these trainers fly that easy.
But take into account, this is said by an average pilot over many years, it might be very different for a beginner.

I strongly suggest, to add some weather data even for calm conditions:
Wind 1.2 meters/s
Turbulence 0.9 meters/s
Thermic uplift 1.5 meters/s
radio reliability 98%

The power of the engine can be easily adjusted in the AFPD model editor.

Regards
Karl-Heinz (Rodeo)
www.rodeo.onlinehome.de
Old 11-26-2005, 05:17 PM
aquaskiman
My Feedback: (46)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

rfaster Let us know how the first flight goes. George
Old 11-29-2005, 02:43 PM
rfaster

Will do - I have my first flight on Wednesday - since Thursday looks like it will be a washout (rain). Have been flying everything on the sim - and after a while the trainer seems so so slow and not that interesting... guess that will give me more time to figure out my 14mz :-)
ORIGINAL: aquaskiman

rfaster Let us know how the first flight goes. George
Old 11-30-2005, 05:41 PM
rfaster

First flight with instructor went just as I imagined it (other than air-bubbles in fuel line causing problems- more on that later). The part that took the longest time was programming my 14MZ radio - when I figured everything out with the trainer mode - buddy-box - engine cut-off etc... all was good. I have a feeling not too many folks use the 14MZ as a trainer radio :-).

Note -
My instructor knew that my main goal was to get SOLO as quick as possible, while at the same time understanding the safety aspects of starting,flying and using the air-park.

The Flying -
First flight I taxied onto the run-way and the instructor took off. He then let me take control and fly a couple of patterns - then do some low flying over the center line of the run-way. During one of the passes the engine cut-out and the instructor took control and landed... We fuled the plane up and went back out (he thought it was out of gas...). I suggested to him that we use the counter on the radio - to no avail. For the second flight he let me taxi out and take off--- I flew some more patterns and then started to do some low over the run-way passes when it cut -out for the 2nd time. He again took control and landed. If the plane would have kept running I was planning on doing my first landing.

Another person with the NextStar said he had the same problem with his kit - to fix he shortend the fuel tube that attaches to the weight in the fuel tank. He said the weight (dongle) pressed against the end of the tank and sucked air... I plan to take the fuel tank out and put new tubing and shorten the lead on it. I also plan to ask this Q in another thread.

Overall - the flying was just as I expected it to be -- at this poing I'm flying AFPD a LOT - and find the planes, especially the trainers to be very easy - with wind from 5 to 8 - and turb from .9 to 2.9. So flying for real was if anything much easier since it was so CALM (no wind) today. I look forward to taking off and landing on my 2nd flight this weekend - and hope to progress towards SOLO shortly after if all goes well and I can get the fuel system on-LINE.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:55 AM
rc-rodeo

Well done rfaster,

thanks for the info.

Regards
Karl-Heinz (Rodeo)