Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Which Sim alows customization of planes

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Which Sim alows customization of planes

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2002, 11:10 PM
vindicator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Sim alows customization of planes

Which sim(s) allow me to customize the "throws" of the control surfaces? I purchased DB RCFS 3.x way back when; (DOS based guys, am I dating myself?). It allowed me to customize how the plane behaved by allowing me to enter control effectivity. Do any modern sims allow this?
Specifically, I'd like to be able to turn the Aileron channel OFF(0% effeciveness), so that my students can learn to fly with rudder, and get past the fear of the crosswind landings.
Most (not all) flyers that I have met are Right handed, so MOST have a problem teaching that left thumb to work in two directions at once. For those of you who are left handed, count your blessings, and remember, you'll quite likely always land a trainer better than the rest of us in a cross wind...
Old 11-13-2002, 12:31 AM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

Default I am left handed!

write with my left throw with my left and fly with both thumbs Hummmmm!

Anyway the G-2 you can adjust the throws on all surfaces, CG, wing types, thrust angles, weight, fuel tank size, wing span, prop size, prop pitch, number of prop blades, flying fields, plane type, helo type, and much more.

I have never tried to fly with-out the ailerons but i would guess you would adjust the throw to 0 degress to get the effect you are looking for.

You can also set the wind speed on G-2 from 0-99MPH wow that is some serious typhoon wind; wind direction can also be set to a 360 degree fan with a varaition of 30-130 so as to have the wind changing all the time.

I think you will be very pleased with G-2.

PS i have never flown any other simulator so this is what i have seen on only G-2.....
Old 11-13-2002, 10:31 AM
Steve Lewin

Almost all the sims allow "customisation" at that level. E.g. in FMS you could either modify throws or even switch the aileron channel off. RF, Aerofly and CSM are similar. They're just the ones I know.

Of course you'll have to bear in mind that many 4-channel planes will be very difficult to fly without ailerons as they don't have enough dihedral for the rudder to be effective for anything other than pointing the nose in a different direction.

Steve
Old 11-13-2002, 12:35 PM
onrecess
My Feedback: (2)

Default rudder

Yeah, what Steve said-but... On G2 you can set the dihedral to whatever you want. I think that is one of the big selling points for G2- you can modify every surface, wing, fuse,... everything.
You can measure your rudder-only trainer and build an exact copy, knowing it will fly like the real thing.
Tom
Old 11-13-2002, 08:26 PM
vindicator

Default Which version of G2

Thanx for the replies...
Sounds like I want G2.
There are several versions, can I buy the cheep one and customize my planes or do I have to buy the more expensive version?

It looks like the light version doesn't allow mods (from the realflight webpage)...

is that correct?
Old 11-14-2002, 01:21 PM
Wright Flyer

If I were you I'd try a "toe in the water" with the free to download FMS. It won't cost you anything and you might even like it! It's very easy to achieve what you want (i.e. disable ailerons) with FMS planes because each plane has a number of files but the one that controls this has a .PAR extension and it's just a simple ASCII text file that you can edit with Notepad. If you set the aileron deflection angle to 0 (it's line 5 in the file) then you don't have controllable ailerons any more - simple as that.

Downlad FMS from here.

Cliff
Old 11-15-2002, 10:08 AM
darenm
My Feedback: (2)

Nice collection from the best builders around. Allot of planes!

www.comeparkfly.com/simulator.html

Daren Manson
www.comeparkfly.com