Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

New R/C Flightsim!

Old 12-19-2005, 10:56 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New R/C Flightsim!

Wow ... we are really tearing into this one huh.

Hopefully it will be as good as AFPD as I would replace AFPD in a heartbeat if the physics engines are better. Thus better for my OMP customers. I've never been biased to the name AeroFly, been biased only the way that it flies.

We'll see how this one stands up when it comes out and take it from there.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:16 PM
Rick Delten

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

Wow ... we are really tearing into this one huh.

Hopefully it will be as good as AFPD as I would replace AFPD in a heartbeat if the physics engines are better. Thus better for my OMP customers. I've never been biased to the name AeroFly, been biased only the way that it flies.

We'll see how this one stands up when it comes out and take it from there.
No kidding! Nobody has even tried this new sim yet and they all have plenty of negatives -talked about a closed mind
Old 12-19-2005, 12:37 PM
Lego_DK

Hi Rick,
I agree. Although I disagreed with Jan, I didn't want to talk negative about the Phoenix-sim. I haven't tested it, so I have no real opinion about it.
The screenshots look intersting but I cannot say that the models are poor or are good. All I can say about the models is, that the visual impression of the screenshots compared with the models I know from AFPD, they do not look 'better'. But this is very subjective.

Greets,
Lego
Old 12-19-2005, 12:46 PM
Ian.W

gimmie a free copy and ill happily give it a good testing

honestly, i spend about 2-3 hours a day on AFPD, and ive had about 10 hours on XTR, i think i could make a fair jugement
Old 12-19-2005, 02:11 PM
ALMA

Hé Rick, how did you know that i'm not testing??[]
Old 12-19-2005, 02:36 PM
STLPilot

ORIGINAL: Jan_reynolds

I'm sure the quality in the second image far exceeds that of the first - but of course you should make up your own mind
And now the quality of the first image exceeds the second. We can play that game all day. All of the top sims now look really good. Some maybe slightly better then others. But who cares, the name of the forum is simulator, not pretty pictures. We can play this back and forth screenshot game all day and nobody will win.

Like I said, give me me the best flight simulator and that's what I'm going to sell and what you should buy. Why people are so obsessed into purchasing the "fluff" is beyond me, but hey, to each their own. Right now AFPD takes it by a landslide and when the better one comes out and will help my customers become better pilots, then that's what I'm going to sell. If this sim in this thread becomes the best at flying, it's going to be sold by my company for sure.

Good luck to the designer, you have a real challenge in your hands.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39684.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	372720   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq45894.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	372721  
Old 12-19-2005, 02:37 PM
Lego_DK

Ha! *lol*
I asked PhoenixRC for an Demo version and just got the answer: a bot-mail refering to their FAQ 'in response to the many questions' they 'have been asked recently'.

In addition, they CCed this mail to all people, who asked and left all the emailaddresses in the mail-header!
Thanks PhoenixRC for forwarding my e-mailaddress to others!!!!!! [>:]

Btw.: referring to the mail-header the 'many questions' came from 12 people...

That makes not a good picture... *lol*

Greets,
Dietmar
Old 12-19-2005, 02:55 PM
STLPilot

Another shot to compare visuals. Again this is not to compare which one is better visually, it's to show that both sims look plenty good enough to learn how to fly and save money on crashes. I know that lots of people have to have visuals visuals visuals, but as an aviator you better damn well know how to fly before you worry about how the plane looks.

Name:	Bz78708.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	372729   Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32308.jpg
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	372730  
Old 12-19-2005, 03:24 PM
Ian.W

but as an aviator you better damn well know how to fly before you worry about how the plane looks.
thats why we learn on simple box style high wing trainors, not 1000 hour scale spitfires
Old 12-19-2005, 03:44 PM
STLPilot

not 1000 hour scale spitfires
That's why I'll never build a kit as long as I live. Not going to see my creation crash in minutes.

They all crash, every one of them. But the longer you practice on the sim, the longer your planes will live. (less radio problems).
Old 12-19-2005, 05:17 PM
Lego_DK

They all crash, every one of them.
No, my Airco D.H. 2 did not crash! I dismissed her from active service after many many beautifull hous in flight.

Cheers,
Lego
Old 12-19-2005, 08:26 PM
r1derbike

"No kidding! Nobody has even tried this new sim yet and they all have plenty of negatives -talked about a closed mind".

Hey Rick! I guess pointing out deficiencies like missing cylinders is closed minded?

I also remember you and I and many others ripping G3 and AFPD a new one because of their "negatives"...again, closed minded?

Nothing wrong with picking-apart any sims, even those not released yet, because that is what makes them better. They all have to know
what's wrong with them before they are improved.

I don't mind being "closed minded" a bit...

Charles
Old 12-20-2005, 12:29 AM
cwehner

Right now AFPD takes it by a landslide and when the better one comes out and will help my customers become better pilots, then that's what I'm going to sell.

Landslide? lol. Probably should have stuck a "IMO" in there.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:19 AM
STLPilot

Landslide? lol. Probably should have stuck a "IMO" in there.
Why? Math and physics are based on an exact science and that translates into flight simulation. I'm also not a bad pilot, and own all of the major sims. I've also had an 80" OMP Edge made for Reflex and wouldn't even think of releasing it knowing it would kill our sales as it flies nothing to the real plane no matter how hard I've tweaked it.

I'm just a dealer, like a Hobby Shop. I got with the best and the AFP is the best for airplanes. Maybe XTR is better for helis. But for planes, AFP takes it by a LANDSLIDE. The problem with the helis in AFP is that the physics engine is great, but the person setting up the helis needs more stick time on them. Once I setup the helis right, they will outfly any sim.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:02 AM
cwehner

I also own all the sims and I can tell you that your not a very good "tweaker" then. And I never said anything about Reflex or any other sim. all the sims from a "numbers" standpoint have good physics engines. It's the creator of a plane and their knowledge of physics as they apply to each sim who defines how well a sim simulates. what made your statement worthless and obviously biased in some way was to say "landslide". lol, total nonsense.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:15 PM
Lego_DK

Ah c'mon guys, stop that discussion before it beginns! PLEASE!

Lego
Old 12-20-2005, 03:20 PM
Rick Delten

ORIGINAL: Lego_DK

Ah c'mon guys, stop that discussion before it beginns! PLEASE!

Lego
Yeah lets not turn this into another my sim is better than your sim BSathon.

As far as the new Phoenix sim I will continue to watch it and see if it shows any signs of promise.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:38 PM
matt3D

Heh, it's all good. Hey Dion, how have you been doing? I really wanted to get the edge 540 P ARF or Yak-54 P ARF for Christmas, but its says that both of them are sold out. But its ok, I found a different profile, it's a .40 Edge 540T. Oh yeah, your screen shots are awsome! We can tell the difference...

Matt
Old 01-18-2006, 07:48 PM
Rick Delten

They have announced that it will be out in Feb of this year and theres some new screenshots to check out. I still think it looks VERY promising and is priced to SELL. Anyone else following this?

Name:	Pn35291.jpg
Size:	527.5 KB
ID:	390359   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lh18677.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	410.4 KB
ID:	390360   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nt46281.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	250.9 KB
ID:	390361   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ha78952.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	424.7 KB
ID:	390362  
Old 01-18-2006, 09:32 PM
Raylon

I will say it looks pretty good. Something about the Cessna looks, funny. I'm not saying its bad looking, its just funny looking. But hey, if it flies good, who cares.
Old 01-19-2006, 07:27 AM
STLPilot

I'll be first in line to try it when it comes out, but I could give a crap how it looks. Obviously it looks good enough to teach a person how to fly.

How does it fly is the real question. Microsoft Flight Flight Sim is living proof that you can add all the fluff and bells and whistles in the world, but you can't make it fly for crap no matter how many billions you have sitting in the bank. In fact Microsoft is so gung ho to keep it's online play that it would rather keep the physics down to support online play then to make it FAA approved like XPlane. The problem is that there are more suckers in the world then pilots would use it for training. Sucks because it's a great simulator for IFR training and to stay fresh, but it's physics annoys the hell out of me.

As far as price goes, again, doesn't matter to most people who invest thousands into their toys, including myself. A simulator should represent simulation no matter what. Otherwise it's just an RC game and priced accordingly. If it's priced lower there is a reason for it. Price is set by market demand.
Old 01-19-2006, 12:05 PM
Rick Delten

Ah but if it is as good (or better) than AFPD then the "big3!" will be forced to lower their prices in order to compete! I know wishful thinking I remember when Microsoft would drastically lower the price on the Xbox (supposedly selling units at a loss) and Sony and Nintendo would have to immediately follow suit or risk losing their market shares. IMO theirs soon to be too many "R/C Sims" on the market and as a result their will be "price wars" forcing more realistic prices[8D]
Old 01-19-2006, 02:18 PM
STLPilot

If price decrease increases sales then that's a win/win too for all, even the distributors.

But like I said so far I've seen screeny's and it won't mean a darn thing unless it can fly right. So far it's shown 2 out of 3. Nice pics and nice price.

How will it fly will be the test.
Old 01-20-2006, 06:27 AM
STLPilot

Also Rick game consoles and PC software are 2 different animals. When Microsoft lowered the prices for a loss it was not to save the consumer money on the console, it was to make more money in licensing. Licensing is the big win for gaming consoles and seeing that Microsoft is king of the software licensing in the world, they easily saw that opportunity.

Remember also if they drive prices lower and lower on the simulators then the quality could be lowered as well. Or at least not have the budget to spend to make sure that they can produce the best sim as quickly as possible. There is a reason that the prices for these sims are set high, it's not just to get all the money they can suck up. RC markets are very small, much smaller then most people realize.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:52 PM
twistercp

theres movees available - looks awesome