Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Realflight G2 upgrade to G3?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Realflight G2 upgrade to G3?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 05:17 AM
SuperAirborne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Realflight G2 upgrade to G3?

I bought GreatPlanes RealFlight G2 three years ago. I'd like to get G3, but I don't want to buy it and pay the high price for a great sim all over again.

Is it possible to upgrade from G2 to G3? Can't one send your old software back and pay an upgrade fee to get the new sim?

Thanks
Old 01-25-2006, 05:53 AM
nemo_uk

Default RE: Realflight G2 upgrade to G3?

Hi,

There was a rebate but I think that offer has finished (It was for $25 cash or $50 merchandise certificate)

http://12.156.2.54/forums/showthread.php?t=9516&

How about selling G2 on eBay or similar ? Looking at the current auctions you sould be able to get about $75 for it.

regards,

Tony.

Old 01-25-2006, 11:50 PM
rccrazedman
My Feedback: (10)

I two like you had G2 and wanted G3. Here is what I did when I didn't want to pay the high price of getting a new sim. First I went on good old rcu here and got onto the classifieds . I found someone who had purchesed real flight G3 and was unhappy with it. I then offered to take their G3 off their hands and give them my well used G2 for a even up trade. Of course I did have it in mint condition as I do take care of my stuff. I always stored the disc in the jewel case, so it had no scratches do to sitting on the computer desk unprotected, and I still had the original box to repack alll of the originals back into. Oh and also if you do this make sure both parties get in touch with knifeedge and reset the resgrisration. This must be done by the original owner of each copy of the simulater. Ifyou don't then this mean you as the new owner of the sim will not be able to register the copy of the sim. If you cant register that means you can't get those much needed upgrades.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:32 AM
RCShadow

That is a good idea !!!!

Thanks for sharing maybe I will try that although the "fixes" in G3 may put one at a disadvantage (bargining chip) for such a trade now, but who knows without trying.

I wish I would have thought of this when G3 was being a bear for folks....you sly dog you LOL !

CJ
Old 01-31-2006, 03:11 PM
jaafit

Oh and also if you do this make sure both parties get in touch with knifeedge and reset the resgrisration.
Contact Great Planes to reset the registration: http://www.realflight.com/techsupport.html