Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

G2 edge 540 help

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2002, 04:57 AM
edgeflyer
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G2 edge 540 help

I've done a lot of different things to keep the G2 edge from rolling out on waterfalls with no success. I lightened the plane, reduced the taper on the trailing edge of the wing, lengthened the wing , but on the bottom it rolls out, and harriers are very unstable. anyone solved this problem?
Thanks.
Old 11-27-2002, 07:28 PM
EdMan-RCU

Default G2 edge 540 help

I have not got the waterfall down yet either. But wow, this baby is a nice flyer. rolling harriers/harrier circles are awesome!!

EdMan
Old 11-27-2002, 11:11 PM
edgeflyer

Default G2 edge 540 help

Yeah Its awesome. I have all of the add ons and the edge is definatly the best. I read a post where a guy used the 0013 airfoil on the tail for knife edge, I tried it and I can actually do a wall now. The plane does have better characteristics with it. It still won't harrier good or waterfall. now i just need to figure out how to make a scheme for it like my 29% edge.
Old 12-06-2002, 08:03 PM
skymat

Default G2 edge 540 help

Try to reduce the wing loading by reducing componet weights....also try "spoilerons"....good luck!
Old 12-06-2002, 11:39 PM
Badge
My Feedback: (21)

Default G2 edge 540 help

Send me pics of your 29% Edge and I'll make it for you! Visit www.Aero3D.net to learn more.
Old 12-07-2002, 05:10 AM
edgeflyer

Default G2 edge 540 help

Well i finaly made one thats good but not perfect, BADGE if you go to aeroworks web site to customers pics, then edge 540 my main picture is the purple and white one with me holding it. click on it and there will be a few more. Quality isn't great because I didn't set the scanner up right, but should give you an Idea for the trim scheme. My name is Brian Sauers thanks alot!!!!
Old 12-09-2002, 01:08 AM
aerolou
My Feedback: (3)

Default G2 edge 540 help

edgeflyer, try making the cord of the wing larger.
I have mine out to 42" and now can do harriers walls and the like.
I haven't gotten good waterfalls yet but the larger cord helps with the high alpha flight.
I have also tried it on the cap x2 from the realflight site and it made a huge difference with that one, no more nasty stall, it just mushes along with the ailerons remaining very effective.

Lou