Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Should RCU open up a dedicated subforum here under Flight Simulators for Real Flight G3?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.
View Poll Results: A poll
yes
42.86%
no
33.33%
yes and have one for Reflex and another for AFPD also.
23.81%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Should RCU open up a dedicated subforum here under Flight Simulators for Real Flight G3?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 06:22 PM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should RCU open up a dedicated subforum here under Flight Simulators for Real Flight G3?

Should there be a seperate forum for Realflight G3?

Thanks,
50%plane

Old 02-13-2006, 06:25 PM
Rick Delten

Default RE: Should RCU open up a dedicated subforum here under Flight Simulators for Real Flight G3?

Thats a really terrific idea!
Old 02-13-2006, 06:42 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Should RCU open up a dedicated subforum here under Flight Simulators for Real Flight G3?

Is it going to be for support or discussion?

If it's going to be for discussion you'd have to open another one for AeroFly Pro too.

The AeroFlyPro forum is for support only.

This would be like opening up sub forums in warbirds for P-51, AT-6 etc.

Knife Edge/G3/XTR are all welcome to open their own support forums like we have. But people come to the simulation forums to find out information about all sims and to choose the right one. If you segregate them, then what's the point?
Old 02-13-2006, 06:44 PM
50%plane

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

Is it going to be for support or just chit chat?

If it's going to be for Chit Chat you'd have to open another one for AeroFly Pro too. The forum I sponsor is for support only.
Anything to give the AFPD guys the space they need so that they aren't bothered by an "inferior sim".
Old 02-13-2006, 06:45 PM
Rick Delten

Its going to be to get away from you
Old 02-13-2006, 06:47 PM
STLPilot

ORIGINAL: Rick Delten

Well NEWSFLASH to you Rick, you don't get your own forum on RCU because you don't like me.

Now come up with a better reason.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:48 PM
STLPilot

The same as the AFPD forum.
No it's not the same. You want your own forum to "hang out". The AFPD forum is for support.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:52 PM
50%plane

Is it going to be for support or discussion?

If it's going to be for discussion you'd have to open another one for AeroFly Pro too.

The AeroFlyPro forum is for support only.

This would be like opening up sub forums in warbirds for P-51, AT-6 etc.

Knife Edge/G3/XTR are all welcome to open their own support forums like we have. But people come to the simulation forums to find out information about all sims and to choose the right one. If you segregate them, then what's the point?
actually, it's more like taking seperating 3D and IMAC.

Are you against an AFPD"chit chat" forum?
Old 02-13-2006, 06:54 PM
Rick Delten

Well NEWSFLASH to you Rick, you don't get your own forum on RCU because you don't like me.

Now come up with a better reason.
I was just being honest.

Actually I dont need to come up with a better reason, I think the voters will decide.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:56 PM
STLPilot

Are you against an AFPD"chit chat" forum?
Yes, I'm against seperating useful information for everyone. Think about the big picture for the 200,000 other users and not just yourselves.

You know you can create your own G3 forum with PHPBB for free. Need a link?
Old 02-13-2006, 06:57 PM
STLPilot

Don't forget you have to create one for about 10 other sims on the market too.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:59 PM
50%plane

My idea for this forum is for people to help newbs, discuss the lastest on G3, suggest ideas for planes etc. So basically everything G3 in this forum.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:01 PM
Rick Delten

I think a seperate G3 forum would stop all the needless bickering that goes on (which is all that goes on in the sim forum).
Old 02-13-2006, 07:02 PM
50%plane

I think a seperate G3 forum would stop all the needless bickering that goes on (which is all that goes on in the sim forum).
Exactly!
Old 02-13-2006, 07:03 PM
STLPilot

What your talking about is a specific manufacturer support forum. Unless a representative of that product will maintain that forum, the forum will not go up.

Read the guidelines.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:05 PM
Rick Delten

Well just have to go ask then
Old 02-13-2006, 07:18 PM
STLPilot

I already know ... there is no reason to ask.

RCU does not just put up product specific forums, unless for support. Find 1 forum on RCU that is product specific that is not a support forum. You won't find one.

Even if somoene from Knife Edge or G3 does open a support forum then only discussion of support is allowed. Again ... RCU guidelines.

If they did allow that I would want an OMP "chit chat" forum in the 3D, Electric 3D, YS Engines, Props and so forth. It would be like free advertising.

If you guys want you own forum I suggest you create one. It's very easy.

There is no reason to seperate years of useful information because you can't get along with other people in this forum.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:25 PM
Rick Delten

How about the fact that certain members are above the law and dont have to play by the forum rules? Thats good enough reason for me.

And the fact that the G3 guys would never allow one of their saleman to go around and annoy all the other sim users?
Old 02-13-2006, 07:30 PM
Rick Delten

Dion Cini has already succesfully stopped the release of 1 new plane for G3, how many planes have been stopped for the other sims?? What does this tell you??
Old 02-13-2006, 07:33 PM
STLPilot

And the fact that the G3 guys would never allow one of their saleman to go around and annoy all the other sim users?
Let's get one thing clear Rick. I don't work or am associated directly with ANYONE at IPACS or Ikarus. I am a dealer, no different then a hobby shop. If I wanted to carry G3 or Reflex or whatever I could and believe me ... I've been asked. I can put my point of view towards any other simulator I want too.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:34 PM
STLPilot

Dion Cini has already succesfully stopped the release of 1 new plane for G3, how many planes have been stopped for the other sims??
Your talking about one of my models Rick and that model WILL BE RELEASED for G3. I stopped YOU from releasing it because you don't respect others work.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:37 PM
Rick Delten

Let's get one thing clear Rick. I don't work or am associtaed directly with ANYONE at IPACS or Ikarus. I am a dealer, no different then a hobby shop. If I wanted to carry G3 or Reflex or whatever I could and believe me ... I've been asked. I can put my point of view towards any other simulator I want too.
Real interesting to know that the creation of a seperate G3 forum bothers you[&:] I honestly thought you would have been all for it?
Old 02-13-2006, 07:38 PM
Mudsurfer1234

I'm going to have to say "Nay" to a G3 discussion forum. As Dion said, product specific forums violate RCU policies, but if everyone votes for it and one is created, the chances are slim and none that it WONT turn into a discussion forum.[][][][][][][]

now if the forum would JUST be for support, and follow the guidelines, id say "why not"

[][][][][][][]
Old 02-13-2006, 07:39 PM
STLPilot

Real interesting to know that the creation of a seperate G3 forum bothers you I honestly thought you would have been all for it?
It bothers me that you want to seperate years of information. RCU works the way it is, that's why it's the best on the web. This is RCUniverse.com, not Ricksworld.com.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:40 PM
Rick Delten

Dion Cini has already succesfully stopped the release of 1 new plane for G3, how many planes have been stopped for the other sims??
Your talking about one of my models Rick and that model WILL BE RELEASED for G3. I stopped YOU from releasing it because you don't respect others work.

No you didnt stop me from releasing it, in fact I could release it right now if I felt like it. You brought it to my attention that your one of the owners of the company that makes the thing, I decided not to release it based soley on the fact that it may increase awarenes or sales for YOU (in other words free advertising)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.