Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Hosting on G3 Multiplayer

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Hosting on G3 Multiplayer

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 08:49 PM
sirduncan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hosting on G3 Multiplayer

I've been fighting to get my G3 to host a multiplayer session. When I choose 'Multiplayer' 'Host' - and enter my information and click the 'broadcast to the list server' option - then click 'OK' - it returns a "Unable to find public IP address. Please check your network configuration." Why is this? There is very little online regarding this error and the best answer is here:

http://12.156.2.54/forums/showthread.php?t=9180

and it says:

"Is this right? Does your firewall do UPnP and do you have it enabled? If you answered yes to all three, then DirectPlay is not giving us the forwarding address as we expect. Let me know if this is the case and I'll look at it.

If you are not using UPnP, you need to set up port forwarding for the port that you want to host on before you start hosting. Either that, or put the hosting machine outside the firewall in the DMZ."

Thats all fine and good, but when I go to my Linksys BEFW11S4 router (192.168.1.1) and login, I choose "applications & gaming" then 'UPnP Forwarding'. I enter 'G3' for the application name, use 2302 for my Ext.Port, choose either the TCP or UDP radio button, (neither have worked for me), choose 2302 for my Int.Port, enter 100 for the IP Address and mark the 'Enabled' checkbox (see attached image).

Nothing - nada - nope.

With every single adjustment I make to my router settings (including enabling the DMZ and choosing, again, the 100 IP address - which is my computer according to my network settings), I continue to get the exact same error message. When hosting, if I do NOT choose the 'Broadcast to the list server' then I only get a 'IP Address Found: 192.168.1.100:2302.' Of course - that doesn't do me any good. I have checked my network settings and I have an IP Address, but RealFlight isn't seeming to find it.

So - anyone have an answer? I just updated to the very latest DirectX and I am running the .410 update (cause the .430 update gives errors so I'm not using it yet.) Please help if you have any ideas or any answers. Its driving me nuts.

On a side note, I can only connect to maybe 20% of the games offered on the list server - I get 'failed to send player information packet' or '... uncompatible you may need to update ...' or something.

help?!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92581.gif
Views:	11
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	418986  
Old 03-04-2006, 10:20 AM
sirduncan

Default RE: Hosting on G3 Multiplayer

No answers? No one having the same problem? No one has found a work around? Does anyone have any suggestions?
Old 03-04-2006, 11:27 AM
Evanator

yeah i have the same problem. i used to be able to host alot and now it tells me the same thing
Old 03-04-2006, 12:16 PM
Evanator

nevermind. it is fixed. i think it is just a temporary problem
Old 03-04-2006, 01:39 PM
sirduncan

Not temporary for me. Never have been able to host. Sure would like to.
Old 03-04-2006, 02:52 PM
Evanator

i dont know what to tell ya except for you to join a session and wait untill everyone is gone and you will be the new host
Old 03-04-2006, 10:46 PM
sirduncan

Well surely someone has had this issue and fixed it or are still fighting it. Someone with KnifeEdge software might be interested in knowing this. Anyone?
Old 03-08-2006, 11:01 PM
sirduncan

I know - I know - yall are getting sick of this thread, but I can't believe that someone - out of the thousands of G3's that have been sold - hasn't had problems just like mine. I really want this fixed and I can only hope that 'that' someone will step forward.

What about people from Knife edge software? Are there none of them that are on this forum?
Old 08-26-2007, 04:48 PM
Sigun

Same problem here.. get exactly the same answer when I try to start a hosting session !.. and I know the portforwarding is working.. I have tried it on another application and that one worked just fine.. so the problem is not the firewall..