Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Flat spins and other things in G3

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Flat spins and other things in G3

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 05:15 PM
akschu
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flat spins and other things in G3

So I finally got a decent simulator (G3) and a decent computer to run it on (3.4ghz, X850XT, 1G) and now I'm working on my 3d flying.

I found the yak to be decent, but compared to videos I have seen and my own experience (trying) to fly 3d the elevator and rudder didn't have enough authority to cause the airplane to snap when suddenly moved to full deflection. I changed the control surfaces to use 55* angles and gave the engine 25% more power and now if seems to fly a lot more like a 3d machine.

Now that I got the plane setup, I can do low knife edges, torque rolls, and harriers, but I can't seem to get any of the spins to work like blenders or flat spins. At this point I think I'm doing something wrong so can someone that has gotten this stuff to work on the simulator walk me though flat spinning this yak?

Thanks,
schu

Old 03-14-2006, 05:57 PM
shakes268

Default RE: Flat spins and other things in G3

Which build are you running? 4.10 or the new one? 4.26?

Normally for flat spins I do go into a blender - straight down, no power. Full left aileron for 2 rolls then full right rudder, full down elevator, full left aileron. Then I slowly add power up about 3-4 clicks (on the stock yak) and come out of the aileron applying just a hair of right aileron.

Too much power it flops out. Not enough it will just kind of hang there then stall out.

Too much aileron it will go into a spin or just flop out.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:04 PM
akschu
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Flat spins and other things in G3

Running .430, but can't seem to make it work.... perhaps someone can make a recording of it and email it to me.

schu