Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

I am dumbfounded

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2002, 09:50 PM
Flyer29er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am dumbfounded

Which software would you say is the best plz respond.
Old 12-08-2002, 10:56 PM
Cougar-RCU
My Feedback: (2)

Default G2

Old 12-08-2002, 11:59 PM
edge_fanatic
My Feedback: (4)

Default ditto

I use RealFlight G2, but have no experience with any others....

So, mine is an uninformed opinion....since I view the best as the only one I've used.
but, I will say that G2 has satisfied my every need, in heli's and planks...

It has trouble simulating high alpha maneuvers, but does well with the rest.

--Sean
Old 12-09-2002, 12:02 AM
NitroWoman

Default The Best

There is only one Rolls-Royce (Realflight G2) all the rest are Chevy's. You get what you pay for.
Old 12-09-2002, 03:32 AM
rcmodelr

Default Re: The Best

Originally posted by NitroWoman
There is only one Rolls-Royce (Realflight G2) all the rest are Chevy's. You get what you pay for.
YEA, but it appears that in that case, the Chevy will work BETTER on my computer than the Rolls-Royce, and at a MUCH MORE REASONABLE COST.

My RealFlight G2 USED TO work just fine on my system with the old printer port controller interface (as long as I DID NOT have a printer hooked up to it at the same time).

However, since "upgrading" to G2 w/Interlink controller, ALL aircraft look the same UGLY gray-scale, the Runways DO NOT show up, the trees keep appearing and disappearing, and "fun-fly events" are COMPLETELY UN-USEABLE. NONE of the event speciffic graphics such as the spot landing target zones show up. The ONLY event that is somewhat useable yet is the Limbo, since NONE of the attempt lines show up, but the limbo pole and ribbon DO show up.

I have been sending e-mails to both Knife-Edge AND Great Planes tech. support, and NEITHER has bothered to reply even to confirm that they received the e-mails, much less trying to do anything to help me solve the "upgrade" induced problems.

For this reason, as soon as I get the funds, I will be upgrading my Dave Brown RCFS to RCFS 2001.

As soon as I get the RCFS upgraded, I'll let you know how much better (or worse) it is than RealFlight G2.

Right now, all I know in comparison of the two, is that I had MUCH FEWER problems with my RCFS than I've had with RealFlight. But the few problems I had with RCFS, Dave Brown's customer service seemed MUCH MORE WILLING to HELP solve my rpoblems than either Great Planes OR Knife-Edge Software seems willing to do.
Old 12-09-2002, 05:14 AM
NitroWoman

Default Me Again

Flyer_29 didn't ask which was the best for his computer, he asked for the best, period. I have G2 and it runs perfectly. I have had no problems of any kind. Dave Brown's is OK for a Chevy and I would recommend it if you are on a budget or your computer couldn't handle G2. Remember rcmodelr, even a Rolls Royce needs the gas it was designed for.
Old 12-09-2002, 09:38 AM
Blackbird-RCU

Default I am dumbfounded

G2 :thumbup:

G2 has been problem free since install. By the way it's running on a 3 year old Dell.

Specs=
Pentium III 750r
1st generation 32 MB nVidia GeForce 256 graphics card
128 megs of ****M Memory
Windows 98 second editon

I have seen or tried a few of the others and in my opinion they don't compare to G2.
Old 12-09-2002, 10:23 AM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default I am dumbfounded

RCModeler:

Blackbird just gave you the answer that GP and KE did not.

I had your symptoms almost exactly, however I did get a response from both GP and KE, almost word-for-word the same:

"Upgrade your video driver."

Couldn't because I already had the latest drivers, both Gates' Special (Microsoft) and Diamond, the board mfgr.

Finally gave up on the Diamond Savage4 and got the NVidia RIVA TNT2 64Pro board.

Everything now works as nicely as could be desired. Even the 3d graphics. And I no longer have to reboot after running G2/Interlink. You forgot to mention that.

This board also has an NTSC video out jack, so all the people in the world can crowd around an ordinary TV and watch me land at -6" altitude.

And it cost right at $80.

Get G2 - it's great, others don't pay their freight.

Bill.
Old 12-09-2002, 09:03 PM
bluesky123

Default I am dumbfounded

RIVA TNT2 64Pro costing $80? That's a highway robbery!

Look at refurbisged GeForce2 or GeForce3 from NewEgg:
http://www.newegg.com/app/manufactor...Type=Refurbish

For example, GeForce2 GTS, which is faster than any GeForce MX card, can be bought for $55 there.
Old 12-09-2002, 09:11 PM
SilverEagle2
My Feedback: (9)

Default G2!!!

You tell me though. What do you think by the screen shot!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	40236_12989.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	24856  
Old 12-09-2002, 09:25 PM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default I am dumbfounded

Bluesky123:

The RIVA board was $56 with 32mb ram, mine now has 64mb. That's the price difference.

Eagle:

I like it.

My twins are lean, and nice on the screen.

Bill.
Old 12-09-2002, 09:26 PM
Blackbird-RCU

Default My thoughts excactly

Hey SilverEagle2 nice one :thumbup:

Here's another

Name:	40101_3075.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	24857  
Old 12-10-2002, 01:48 AM
jaapkroes

Default I am dumbfounded

Hey Blackbird,

You're making my mouth water. I just got G2 and can't get it working because of my Radeon 7200 card. I'm going to get a GeForce since it seems everyone is having good luck with G2 and this card.

If I practice, will I be able to hover like that??????????? Nice Shot.
Old 12-10-2002, 02:09 AM
Cougar-RCU

Default I am dumbfounded

those pics look like my G2 does as well. And I am running
a G-Force2 (64) card , looks awesome!.
Jeff
Old 12-10-2002, 04:42 AM
Blackbird-RCU

Default I am dumbfounded

Originally posted by jaapkroes
Hey Blackbird,

You're making my mouth water. I just got G2 and can't get it working because of my Radeon 7200 card. I'm going to get a GeForce since it seems everyone is having good luck with G2 and this card.

If I practice, will I be able to hover like that??????????? Nice Shot.
Hey jaapkroes,

Yes you'll be able to hover. It helps when you can try anything you like and if you crash, do it over till you don't crash.

The GeForce cards are superb, you won't be disappointed with them. Also keep in mind the pic of the cap hovering is being rendered by the first generation of GeForce, so the new cards are going to show significant improvement over the one I have.

When you do get hovering it might look a little like this

Name:	40189_3075.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	24858  
Old 12-10-2002, 10:00 PM
rcmodelr

Default I am dumbfounded

Sorry, but the added EYE CANDY graphics justify my spending ANOTHER $60 - $100 that I DON"T HAVE for a new video card instead of spending the $40 I almost have to get the upgrade for the "Chevy" I already have parked in the garage. BTW, I ALREADY HAVE the interface to be able to fly RCFS, Microsoft Flight Simulator, or ANY OTHER flight simulator available with my R/C TRANSMITTER.

BESIDES, With the RealFlight interface, I have to have my transmitter TURNED ON before the computer will recognize input coming from it. With the OTHER Transmitter interface I use/used with RCFS, if I had a transmitter plugged into the interface, the transmitter inputs would control the flight simulator I was using WITHOUT having to have the transmitter switched ON and draining my transmitter batteries just to "fly the computer."
Old 12-10-2002, 10:51 PM
bluesky123

Default I am dumbfounded

What a big deal about using the battery to fly a sim?

If the RF module is disabled, the transmitter's encoder consumes very little--a "standard" 600mAh NiCad battery lasts for days. If you change the NiCad to a NiMH TX pack of, say, 1,800mAh capacity, the charge will last "almost" forever.
;-)
Old 12-11-2002, 02:52 AM
JasonS

Default I am dumbfounded

I've recently got Aerofly Pro, and its flight behavior seems really good at high alpha.
Its graphics aren't as good as G2 but they are plenty good enough. Accuracy in simulation is what I like.
I am really looking forward to the option pack.