Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

SmartPropo and Clearview Sim !!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

SmartPropo and Clearview Sim !!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 11:41 AM
luis_hac
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SmartPropo and Clearview Sim !!

Is ther a way to make the SmartPropo dll work with Clearview Simulator so I can use the same interface for FMS and Clearview !!??

Thanks
Old 04-06-2006, 09:38 PM
Loswave

Default RE: SmartPropo and Clearview Sim !!

Unfortunatly no, clearview is not programmed to look for, and run any dlls. The only thing I can really thing of is to use the WDM version of smartpropo. The problem there is that it will blue screen your computer after about 5 min to a half hour, depending on your luck. I played around with smartpropo long enough to realize how awsome it was, so I broke down and bought Hitecs USB interface for my 6102. It was well worth the money, I can use this thing in Aerofly, FMS, clearview, and, well, anything that will use a joystick! I did some extesive looking though, and I highly doubt you'll get smartpropo working for much else other than FMS.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:41 PM
skirtz

In theory, smartpropo winmm.dll can be loaded using PPJoy PPJoyDLL loader and the signal sent to PPJoy Virtual Joystick. I have not tried it that way.

Stefan
http://rcflightsim.com
Old 12-19-2006, 11:54 PM
mojaveflyer

Yes there is a way to do it: First you need to download and install a program called PPjoy. Then use PPjoy to set up a virtual joystick - set it up with 4 axes, no button and no POVs. You then need to run the PPJoy Input DLL to assign your TX (attached to your soundcard via a mono cable) for input. Use the program to load the smart propo dll for a PPM transmitter and set the update interval for 25ms.

That part isnt as tricky as it sounds because the PPjoy documentation is good - see the section on setting up a virtual joystick.

Once you have it configured you need to calibrate the joystick in the windows XP control panel (Game controllers). With my spectrum DX6, I had to adjust the travel so that the throws were in a compatible range: These are my settings (start with stock settings and change as follows):

Rudder -100% and +38%, Throttle -100 and +40, Aileron -100 and +40, Elevator -100 and +40. I saved these settings as a separate model in the DX6 (called SIM). I assume they will be about right for any DX6. Then go through the windows calibration and you should have approximately 100% deflection on all four axes. Obviously, it will appear unbalanced as you move the sticks but this gets corrected in the Clearview calibration.

Before you use clearview you should have the PPJoy DLL active. It needs to run in the background to sense your inputs. Once you start clearview there will be an option for the PPJoy controller. Select it and then go through the Clearview joystick calibration.

Of course, at the end of the day, this is more tricky than a proprietary cable. However, it costs nothing and works perfectly once it is set..
Old 12-20-2006, 01:41 AM
CanCanCase

Umm... what's a DLL?

Sorry for a stupid question, but I'm a Mac user, and so far all of my sim setups have been problem free with no configuration work-arounds... "It just works."

-Case
Old 12-25-2006, 02:35 AM
mojaveflyer

DLL = dynamic link library.

I use mostly Macs at work (programming) but I dont know of any flight sims on Mac that will allow you to plug and play with a real transmitter. In fact I cant think of any RC flight sim for Mac period. Of course Macs are great for plug and play - but that isn't much use when there is nothing to play with!